Chapter 4- Spin the Bottle

"Katie is here." My mom calls from downstairs. I hadn't even realized that it was already seven. I quickly head downstairs. When I see Katie from the bottom of the stairs my eyes widen.

"What is that in your hand?" I ask, gesturing to the huge case in her hand.

"The makeup and hair supplies duh."

"Obviously Ella." My mom says in mimic.

"Yeah keep up" Katie says jokingly.

"I'm making some spaghetti for your brothers, do you guys want some? I know you guys are going to be drinking tonight and I don't suggest it's good to drink alcohol on an empty stomach." My mom asks. This is a prime example of how chill my parents are. They don't have a ton of rules. Just that I drink responsibly and don't drink and drive.

"Okay sounds good." I state as me and Katie head upstairs.

"Okay, what are we thinking for hair?" Katie asks.

"Could you curl it?" I ask.

"I can do that."

"But first." Katie states as she goes on her phone to play some music.

"Okay I'm done curling." Katie finally announces as she unplugs the curling iron. I go over to the mirror and look at the curls in my hair.

"They look so good, thanks Katie." I say, admiring my hair.

"I know." Katie replies.

"You should seriously consider being a hairdresser." I state. I'm being serious. Katie is amazing at doing hair. Every day for school she has a different hair style and it always looks good. She can french braid and all of the above. I can only do a normal braid sadly. My mom tried to teach me when I was younger but I just couldn't do it.

"I'm excited for tonight." Katie says as she applies her makeup.

"Me too." I'm applying my own makeup right now as well. I'm not doing any real heavy makeup. Just mascara, some highlighter and some blush. Sometimes I do eyeliner if I'm feeling bold. I decide on wearing a purple party dress.

"Damn girl, you look so gorgeous." Katie praised.

"So do you." I reply.

Once we finally finish getting ready, we head downstairs to eat the amazing spaghetti my mom made.

"Gosh your mom is an amazing cook."

"I know. I wish I could cook like her." I reply.

"Anyways, I heard Lucy Voi and Zach Meyers broke up. Meaning that Lucy is going to be all over Aaron tonight." Katie announces. Lucy and Aaron have hooked up a couple times but nothing serious. It's funny though because they always end up finding their way back to each other. Lucy is really pretty and popular. She also went to middle school with me and Aaron and he had a big crush on her in the eighth grade. They went out a few times after their kiss during spin the bottle when we were 14. As funny as it is, no matter how hard I try, I can't bring myself to hate her. And that's because she is like the sweetest person ever.

"They were gonna have their hookup of the month eventually." I state.

"Girl, this is your opportunity to make a move on Aaron." Katie announces.

"Nope, I'm good."

"What are you so scared of?" She asks.

"Him rejecting me, our friendship being ruined.... Would you like me to go on?"

"Sometimes you just have to live in the moment and stop caring."

"I wish I could." I reply. I suddenly hear the doorbell ring.