Chapter 1

Scarlett POV

"Scarlett, you need to wake up." My oldest brother Nathan told me.
"Bubba let me sleep." I said putting the covers over my head.
"If you get up now, you will have time to take a shower sweetie." He said taking the covers from me.
"Mmm" I grumbled but I got up anyway.
My brothers usually take a shower at night since I take all of the hot water in the morning.

I grab some clothes then I go into my bathroom and brush my teeth. I get into the shower and turn it pretty hot ngl. I wash my hair with vanilla scented shampoo and conditioner then washed my body with strawberry scented body wash.

I got out and dried off then put my clothes on. I put on black flared jeans, a white button up and put on a sage green pullover on top paired with matching green converse then I l
hurried downstairs to grab my backpack.

"Scarlett, hurry up and eat so we can leave." My other brother Reece told me
"Don't rush me." I replied back.
"Well if you wouldn't take so long to wake then you wouldn't have to rush, but you do so eat your toast quickly." He argued.

"Did you grab your homework?" Nathan asked.
"Yes bubba." I said rolling my eyes. He's such a control freak.
"Don't roll your eyes at me." He said sternly whilst Reece laughed.
"I don't know why you bother asking her Nate. She's just as worrisome about her grades as you were." Reece pointed out.
"She can still be forgetful though." Nathan pointed out.
"You're right. Then she would come home balling her eyes out to her older brother because she would get a bad grade."
"No I wouldn't." I retorted.
"Of course you wouldn't sweetheart." Nathan said while smirking at Reece, so clearly he wasn't being serious.

"Grab your things and get in my truck." Nathan told the both of us.
I grabbed my bag and headed for the door before Reece stopped me.
"Get your hoodie. It is cold outside and I don't want to hear you complaining."
"You aren't wearing one." I pointed out
"I am not anemic." He said
I just went with it and grabbed a hoodie off of the coatrack. It was pretty big so most likely one of my brothers then I got in the truck.

"Scarlett, remember to come to the football bleachers after school. Football practice should be over around 5." Nathan told me and I replied with a simple okay.

After 10 minutes, and we arrived at the school. Nathan dropped me off at the elementary school. Nathan is a senior and Reece is a sophomore. I am in 6th grade so it is my last year of elementary.

I went into the school and went into my homeroom.
"Good morning, Scarlett." My teacher greeted me
"Good morning Mrs.Vergos." I greeted back.
I put my backpack on the hook and got my folders and notebooks out.
I pulled out my homework out and checked over it first before I turned it in the bin then I started my morning work which was some history review.
I then went ahead and got my planner out and coping down the targets and todays homework.

We started the day with science. We were going over the different states of matter, so I thought it was pretty easy. Then math which I have always had a hard time with math meaning it was slightly less enjoyable. We were going over how to do long division which I still find tough.

Eventually it was time for recess, so I got my coat off of the hook and went outside. Unfortunately Reece has a free period so he always comes over to the elementary during this time.

"Hey loser." Reece said coming up to me at the picnic table stopping me from reading.
"Go away Reece." I told him
"What's the matter. You don't want any of your class to know I am your brother?" He asked smirking.
"No, I just don't want you to bother me." I told him.
"I wouldn't come over here if I couldn't bother you. That would be a waste of my time. Why ain't you playing with the other kids?" He asked.
"You know why Reece." I said. He knows how shy I am, so it is difficult to make friends.
"No one knows you want them to be your friend. They all think you want to be left alone. What you need is a wingman. Thank God I am here then." He stated.
"No." I told him blankly.
"Why not. You know how popular boy at the high school right." He told me for the billionth time.
"I don't want your help Reece. I am fine." I said.
"Whatever you say Scarr. Anyways I will be playing football with the boys, but here is the silverware you forgot for your lunch this morning. It's the small kind like you like." He said handing me silverware wrapped up like they do at the restaurants. I took it and said thanks whilst putting it in my pocket and went back to reading.

At The End Of School

It is the end of school now so I walk out of school and wait for one of my brothers so they can walk me over to the football field until their football practice is over. I don't know why they can't trust me to walk 5 minutes to a field but they refuse. It's more Nathan than Reece though. I don't think it bothers Reece.

I was out there for a good 5 minutes before I see Reece walk over.
"Hey tator tot, lets get going." He said.
"Stop calling me that." I told him as we walked down the path. Both of my brothers have been calling me that for as long as I can remember because tator tots were one of the very few foods I would eat and they were my absolute favorite.
"I will never stop Scarr." He smirked down at me.
"Why couldn't Nathan pick me up instead?" I asked annoyed.
"Your favorite brother is busy with setting up the field with the coach. He has to do it since he is the captain." Reece explained.
"Why couldn't you be captain?" I asked.
"He is a senior and I am not, plus his grades are a lot better than mine, and his leadership skills definitely advanced compared to mine." He explained.
"Oh." I replied simply before we finally got to the field where the rest of the team was stretching on their own. I guess drills hadn't started yet.

"Hey little one." Nathan said coming up behind me.
"Hey bubba." I said back smiling up at him and hugging him.
"Practice is gonna be about two hours, so go sit in the bleachers and do your homework or something productive." He said so I went and sat in the bleachers and got a book out cause I didn't feel like doing my homework.

After Practice

"Hey Sky, we're coming home with you." My brothers friend Dylan said. Dylan was Reece's best friend and he had an older brother Michael who is in Nathan's grade who is also coming with us. He like Nathan is the least annoying.
"Don't call me that Dylan." I retorted. I don't know how he got Sky from Scarlett, but he has been calling me that for years.
"You know I aint gonna stop shortie." He said with another annoying nickname.
"You have to sit in the middle Scarr." Reece told me.
"I don't want to." I said.
"I don't really care. You're really small compared to everyone else so it makes the logical sense and you know it, so I don't even know why you are arguing." He said.

"Y'all want to go out to eat." Nathan asked.
Everyone said yes except me cause I didn't really think he was asking me.
"What abou you Lettie." Nate asking looking at me through the rear view mirror.
"Yeah I don't care if we eat out." I told them.
"Alright then. How about we go to the new diner out by the lake?" Nathan offered.
"I'm down" Dylan said.

We were driving for another good ten minutes before arriving. The place was called Andrew's. It had simple things like hamburgers and things, not fancy or anything, I like the simplicity of it though. I sat down in between Reece and Nathan at a booth with Michael and Dylan on the opposite side of us.
Once we got situated and parked, everyone got out with me being last since I wasn't by a door and had to wait for someone else to let me out unfortunately. Dylan let me out while laughing at my annoyingness.
We went inside and sat at an open table. "Can you order for yourself yet Lettie?" Michael asked where I just nodded my head no.
"We have to break that habit tator tot." Nathan told me.
"I'm never gonna be able to bubba." I said.
"Don't worry about it. Dylan used to be the same way." Michael revealed, causing me to laugh at Dylan. "Shut up Michael." He said glaring at him. "Would you rather me lie to her?" He asked which Dylan just rolled his eyes.
Reece leaned down next to me and whispered, "I'll order for you this time, but next time you have to start doing it on your own. Me and Nathan aren't always gonna be here to help you." To be honest, that statement kind of upset me. I know they're gonna leave eventually. Nathan is gonna go into the military once he finishes senior year which isn't too far away. I just don't want things to change.
Our food came out after fifteen minutes and we all started eating. I ate about half of the fries and a quarter of the burger.
"Eat a little bit more tator tot." Reece told me.
"I can't bubba." I said.
"If you eat a bit more, then I will buy you a dessert from Jane's Bakery and you can take it to school tomorrow." He negotiated.
This caused me to get motivated immediately and I ate a lot more. I love the cheesecakes from Jane's.
We got done, and then headed down to Jane's.
Reece got out while the rest of us stayed in the truck since he already knows that I always get the chocolate cheesecake.
He came back and handed me the to go box, then we headed home.