𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗢𝗡𝗘

LILY

LILY

"I can't believe you forced me to go with you" I said to my new friend, Elle. When I transferred to my new school, Higgs, no one would eat lunch with me or even talk to me. But suddenly, she started to speak to me. Turns out we have a lot in common and it's definitely not want to go to someone's house with some teenagers that I do not know.

Well not that I know much of people. I prefer to speak with a selective people.

"Oh come on, you'll love it! Besides they're all my friends back in Truham school and they're cool. Trust me, they are not like the others!" She exclaimed as the two of us walked to one of her friend's house.

"They better be or else I will go back home" I replied.

Tara and Darcy should've been with me on this little get together, but the two of them have a date so they couldn't come.

Elle and I finally reached a house. She ran the doorbell and a couple of seconds later, the door opened. A boy with curly hair stood there and smiled.

"Elle!" He said and the two of them hugged.

"Hi! It's been so long!" Elle said as they broke their hug.

"It was only Friday when we saw each other" The curly boy looked at me.

"Oh! Charlie, this is my new friend, Lily. She just transferred to our school. Lily, this is one of my best friends back in Truham, Charlie" She introduced us.

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Lily Hammer" I said and gave him a smile which he returned.

"I'm Charlie Spring. I'm happy that you could come tonight. Elle has told us about you" He said.

"Good things, I hope" I said and he grinned.

"Don't worry, our group are all introverts, except for one of course" He said and I grinned.

"Are they all here?" Elle asked him and he nodded.

"Where's Tara and Darcy? I thought they're coming too" Charlie wondered.

"The two of them couldn't make it. They have a date" Elle responded.

"They can come next time. Please, come in" Charlie said and let us in.

I started to feel nervous. What if these people don't like me? What if I start to feel out of place...just like before...

"The guys are in my room. Why don't you to go ahead there, I just need to grab some drinks from the kitchen" Charlie said.

"Do you need some help?" Elle asked and he shook his head.

"No, it's fine" He said and left.

"Let's go. I can't wait for you to meet my best mates" Elle said and grabbed my hand and we headed upstairs.

"Are you sure it's ok to just go to his room?" I asked her.

"Of course. Besides, I've been here loads of time." Elle answered and walked in front of a door. She opened it and inside, there are three boys.

"Elle!" The taller guy exclaimed as he walked in front of us.

"Hey Tao!" She said and the guy looked at me.

"Who's this?" He asked as we entered Charlie's room.

"This is Lily, she's just transferred to my school two weeks ago. This is Tao!" Elle said.

"Hello!" He greeted and I smiled.

"Hi" I said back. The two guys went beside him.

"And these are Isaac and Nick!" She said and the two boys waved at me, which I did too. And I couldn't help but to stare at a particular boy. He kinda reminds me of a dog...a golden retriever to be exact.

After the introductions, Charlie came in with drinks on his hands and after that the six of us started to get to know each other.

I learned that Isaac doesn't talk that much, Charlie's a sweetheart, Tao is a vocal person and Nick is very kind and an open person.

All of us were playing a board game, which Nick and I lost at the first round. So while waiting for the others to finish we started to talk.

"So, Lily. What do you think of your new school?" Nick asked me.

"A lot better than my old school" I answered.

"Why's that?" He questioned.

"No one really liked me there. And students there aren't really kind to one another, which is why I'm gald to be here" I replied and he smiled.

"I'm glad that we're your first friends here!" He exclaimed and I smiled back.

I stand my statement before. He really does remind me of a golden retriever.