Tall! Reader

"Another day of school. Can't wait to go home after that, even though I haven't set a foot at the school entrance yet, haha."

I'm currently walking toward the school, which is located 10 minutes from where I live. It's almost an open field surrounded by tall trees, with bushes and plants covering the edges. My parents lived far away to carry out their duties. I was happy because I was successful enough to live on my own.

As soon as I got to the entrance, I saw students talking about something. I wasn't sure what it was. Some of them just passed away quietly, feeling scared. And then, I saw someone... unfamiliar.

Four girls formed a group and talk to her. I step in slowly so I can eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Alright girls, you better go to your class. You don't want to be late, hm?"

"Wait... what time is it again?"
Asked the girl who seems to have the loudest voice among them.

"It's... 35 minutes before class starts."
Said the unknown person. The other girls looked at each other with shock in their eyes. They fled quickly and one of them almost tripped down. I laughed silently as I watched them from afar. Today started well, at least.

 Today started well, at least

Skip to the break

"Ah... finally, I can eat the food I made this morning. I'm hungry like crazy." I spoke to myself as I stretched out my arms. I didn't care about the situation around me as I walked. And eventually, I bumped into someone.

"Ack!- I'm so sorry!" I apologized out loud and immediately bowed down. I didn't have time to look at the face of someone I came across. Almost knocked down, the person quickly balanced herself and turned around.

"It's fine, now stand up." She ordered. I complied and stand up. That voice...

Oh, she's the one from this morning, isn't she? Now I can see her face clearly since she is right in front of me. The first thing I noticed was that our heights were almost the same. I've never seen someone as tall as me. Mostly I meet shorter people.

We both stared at each other for a moment before I broke the silence around us.

"I'm sorry. I have to pay attention to the situation around me next time." I admitted guilt again before heading to the cafeteria. I walked past right next to her and didn't want to look back. I could still feel that she was still watching me from behind.

 I could still feel that she was still watching me from behind