seven

As a little girl, I didn't like stories about little girls. I liked stories about dragons and beasts and princes and princesses and fear and terror and the Four Musketeers and almost everything other than nice little girls making moral decisions about whether to tell the teacher about what the other little girl did or did not do

-A.S Byatt

"Hey you pox ridden wench," Devon said throwing open the curtains in the Ravenclaw room, "Time to wake up. You've got a hot date today."

Ellie groaned and rolled over, pulling a pillow over her head as she went. Jane and Maggie were already looking through her clothes as Devon sighed. She walked over and sat on the edge of the bed, tickling her sides in an attempt to wake her up. She knew Ellie was very ticklish and she hoped this would get her up. "Come on, wake up you good for nothing oaf."

She continued to mindlessly tickle her friend, staring into space as she did so, until she felt a SMACK from the pillow that had been over Ellie's head. It was such a hard hit that it sent Devon reeling off the bed in shock.

"What the hell! Merlin, you goodly written apple, that hurt."

"You should know never to tickle a sleeping dragon," Jane said looking up with a grin, only to be met with the pillow Ellie threw at her. "Hey!"

"Prat," Devon mumbled. She had her bearings and grabbed a hold of Ellie's arm, pulling it. "Guys, a little help."

They let out a groan, but moments later they were all tugging at Ellie's arm and several moments later had successfully pulled her out of bed. She was not too happy, but complied as they questioned her.

"So what are you wearing?" Maggie asked excitedly as she jumped onto one of the empty beds. Ellie noted this (and the rest of the empty beds) and wondered where the rest of her roommates where. Not that she minded too much. She was glad she would not have to worry about anyone butting in.

"I dunno. Clothes? Where are my roommates?"

"You don't know?" Jane said sounding a bit murderous. "You're going on a date and you don't know what you're wearing!? I cannot believe this! Ugh. How are we even friends?"

"Because your cute brother felt like talking to me on the train? And you felt like tripping me?" Ellie answered with a shrug.

"Off topic!" Devon said swatting her in the arm as Jane glared at her and muttered under her breath, "My brother is not cute."

Within two hours, and much grumbling on Ellie's part, they finally had her dressed, done her makeup, and done her hair. Her roommates had come in a few times to grab stuff, but all of them were once again gone by now. When Ellie went to the bathroom, she wound up washing much of the makeup off and redoing it herself. She loved her friends, but they had definitely put too much makeup on her.

"So, where are you meeting him?"

"The front entrance," Ellie answered swinging her arms back and forth, as they walked the hallways. "And before you ask at 11:30. So I still have time to get breakfast now."

"What! No, you take too long to eat!" Jane said grabbing her arm and attempting to drag her the opposite way as the Great Hall.

"Hey! No, I am not starving today!" Ellie shouted yanking back hard and causing them both to topple over. After some laughter, Ellie was grabbing some food off the Hufflepuff table. She had only shoveled a piece of toast and some fruit in her mouth before she was being pulled away. Her fork sputtered into the bowl.

"Hey!" She shouted as her friends tugged her away. She was still reaching out for her food when the Great Hall doors slammed shut. "What the hell guys? I'm still hungry."