Volume 1 - VII

<< chapter 7 >>

~ Misunderstanding ~

There is a thin line between truth and suspicion

____________

"Hey!" Spoke the young man.

Ishan remained standing where he was, watching the whole ordeal infront of his eyes, in the dark.

"Namaste." Hiya replied.

She was confused, honestly. She hoped Ishan would intervene and save her from the most appropriate but awkward question being asked by the man, what was she doing here at this hour?

Hiya tried to seek a glance of the prince, but the man infront of her blocked the view and she internally felt like a small child being left alone in the funfair.

"I saw you fighting today. I'm so impressed!" He complimented.

The stranger brought back Hiya to the reality. His eyes were shining even at midnight.

"Thankyou!" Hiya smiled generously no matter how nervous she felt at this moment.

"You are?" She finally asked.

"Oh, I'm Dev Singhania, son of Rajdeep Singhania."

Dev extended his hand for a handshake.

Hiya widened her eyes for a second. Just how many rich people are present here. She wondered.

The Singhania's were one of the richest business families in town. They weren't royals exactly but could be considered part royals. They were rich, but nowhere in compare to Akhand Arora.

Hiya regained her composure and met his hand. She shook it firmly.

"Oh... Hey!"

"I would definitely like to meet you some other time. You are really an interesting person. Can I have your number?" Asked Dev.

Hiya was glad she didn't have to reply, as what she wanted earlier had happened finally. Ishan intervened.

"What's this time to meet? You both don't want me to inform your parents, do you?"

"Yuvraj! Hello." Dev smiled.

Ishan ignored him and moved towards Hiya.

"It's really not safe for you to be outside the palace. Go in" Ishan commanded.