Chapter 3: Going Offensive

A/N: some missions that are not much interested will be short and only show the important parts since I'm not that good at battle scenes. However, I'll make the chapter as long as possible.

-----------------------

- Gab/Talisman's p.o.v. -

Ever since Pasternak made a call, he rarely calls back whenever he has time. I'm glad that he did. But part of me worried about what's to happen soon, once I stand out and he finds out who I am.

It was 4:55 am and I just woke up a few minutes ago. With silence filling the room, all I ever think is him and our times together the first time we met. The time we smile at each other, embracing our moments together-

Oh God, am I in love with him...?

What if Orby's right?

Shaken up the thought after hearing the knock on the door. Wondering who was knocking at the door, I tiredly stood up and open the door. "Lanner?"

"Oh, Talisman. Sorry to bother your sleep." Lanner said.

"No, it's fine. I just woke up a while ago." I answered. "Is there something you need?"

"The base commander called us for a meeting in 15 minutes. We're going offensive."

My eyes went wide when Lanner said it. Is that mean we finally going to take over Khesed Island? I told her that I'll catch up. She nodded and headed to the briefing room. I went to change into my flight suit after taking a quick shower and dashed towards the makeshift briefing room, finding Marcus and other pilots already gathering in their seats. I sit beside my wingman just in time for Ghost Eye and the base commander to arrive. The lights went dim as images reflects from the projector.

"The interception operation previously partaken by our forces was a success, and as a result, enemy air units around Khesed have been weakened. The Republic of Emmeria's military has taken full advantage of this prime opportunity to initiate a counterattack operation with all forces participating."

"Let's go!" Saker cheered and several pilots clapped their hands or fist-bumped to show their eagerness to start the comeback. I just simply laugh at their joyfulness.

Ghost Eye had to quiet the pilots down so the briefing could continue, but while doing so he too had a grin on his face, pleased with everyone's willingness and excitement.

"Enemy forces have established a wide-scaled defensive line around Sipli Field, consisting largely of tank battalions." Our Base Commander continued, pointing to the map brought up on the B.C.S. "Our ground forces are set up to cross the river and penetrate it, and eventually regain control of Khesed."

He put his hands behind his back as he looked over all of the pilots in the room, his eyes coming to rest eventually on Marcus and me.

"We need all of you to support our advancing ground units, and eliminate all enemy forces. Multiple units will be simultaneously carrying out various operations on the ground, so pay attention to the airspace above each operation area, and provide support as needed. This is but the first step of many that will bring us back to freeing our capital from Estovakian control. Godspeed."

All of us scrambled and went to our lockers to gear up, then we headed to our respective planes. Before Shamrock hops into his F-16, I called out his name. "Hey, Shamrock!"

He turns his head around and looks at me. "What is it, Talisman?"

"I've ordered the plane just for the two of us. I thought why don't we have the same plane for our team."

"Really? What plane is it?"

"You'll find soon enough." I winked and went into the cockpit. Making final checks to the system before closing the canopy and taxiing towards the runway with my wingman.