Dinner Disaster

The dinner party was kinda awkward in Mirabel's opinion and her heart was beating so loudly in her chest she's sure Delores can hear it. Speaking of Delores she was clutching her wine glass tightly and nervously.

Mirabel was nervous too. She remembers how she erased Draco's memories of what she said about her family. What if he remembered? Or worse? What if he tells them what happened to her last year?

"I thank you for inviting us Ms Madrigal your home is just lovely," Narcissa complements Alma who smiles. "It is my pleasure, I am so happy you started sending me those letters Mirabel has talked about your hijo before and we have been wanting to meet one of her friends," Alma explains.

Draco was sitting to Mirabel on her left while her papa sat on her right. Speaking of her Papa he was acting really weird, all nervous and smiling oddly. She looks at him with a raised eyebrow, but then Draco got her attention. She's not really sure what to do about Draco. She avoided him after her outburst in the last week of school, she couldn't face him after what she had done to him. She hurt him badly, she nearly killed him because she couldn't handle her stupid emotions. She had to ignore it though, her family can't know anything.

"So you hate the colour green?" Narcissa asks and Alma nodded. "I hope you took no offence to it, but the colour green. Especially on our beautiful Mirabel, is not allowed," Alma said. Narcissa gives a strained look hearing that. Mirabel's not surprised she's never seen Draco without wearing something green.

"Mirabel why don't you have a glowing door? Also why are those doors glowing?" Draco asks leaning his chair back to look at the doors above. Mirabel puts on a smile and starts explaining. She hopes he doesn't find it familiar. "Well when a Madrigal child reaches the age of five we receive a gift, magic, everyone in the family have their own special power," Mirabel explains. Narcissa looks at her and said. "Really? How amazing," she comments thoughtfully. "It came from my dear departed Pedro and everyday our familia honours him by using our gifts to serve and protect," Abuela explains fondly.

"What are all the gifts?" Draco asks. "Well my mama can heal with her food, my Tia Pepa can control the weather with her emotions, you've met my sisters, Isa can control plant life, Luisa is very strong," As Mirabel mentions Luisa the strong girl starts sobbing quietly. Narcissa and Draco look at her oddly and Mirabel quickly gets their attention again. "My Primo Camilo can shape shift into anyone, Delores can hear a pin drop, and Antonio just got his gift which is talking to animals," Mirabel explains.

Antonio smiles and proudly held up a rat. "The rats are really dramatic," he said. Seeing the rat Abuela scolds him. "Antonio! Didn't I tell you to keep the animals in your room?" She asks and the boy deflates letting the animals scamper off. "Sorry about him he's still getting used to his gift," Abuela explains. Narcissa nodded a little put off by the rodents before she turns to Alma. "And what's your gift?" She asks.

This puts everyone off. No one has ever asked Alma that, that was a question they got asked often, but no one asked it to Alma. She's the leader, the matriarch.

Alma clears her throat at the unexpected question. "Well I am the candle holder, I'm in charge of protecting the miracle," she said. "So you're useless?" Draco asks bluntly. Mirabel couldn't stop the laugh that escaped her mouth and Isabela snickers. "Draco! I'm sorry Ms Madrigal," Narcissa apologises. Draco doesn't look apologetic. He turns to Mirabel and asks. "Where's your door?" He asks. "I don't have one. Because I'm a witch I already had magic so I didn't get a gift," Mirabel explains. "Really? I would have thought it was being motherly or something," Draco comments. "What makes you say that?" Julieta asks.

"Well she basically adopts all the brats in the year under us. They follow her around like ducklings and she helps teach them magic. She's like a mother to most of them if you ask me," Draco said. "Draco tells me about it all the time. Everyone adores Mirabel she's the most popular girl there. The boys practically fall at her feet," Narcissa said with a small giggle.