BONUS.vi | philautia

. PHILAUTIA.
self love, agreeing with the self, acceptance.
ALSO USED TO: describe lee jinki's love.

. PHILAUTIA.
self adoration, superiority of the self, narcissism.
ALSO USED TO: describe kim jongin's love.

TAKES PLACE BEFORE PLUTO

"i'm going to start a company."

jinki sighed, looking up at jongin from the other side of the library table. "you're majoring in business management for a reason, aren't you?"

"no, jinki, you don't get it." jongin tapped his pencil against the desk, one of the many habits of his that pissed off the older. "i'm going to start a kpop agency."

"and just how do you plan on getting any trainees straight out of uni?"

"i can be the first artist, can't i?"

jinki wasn't a fan of the younger's confidence. "well, sure, but who's going to produce the music? who's going to fund the music video? who–"

"as much as i'd hate to ask, i'd want you to help me."

"and you steal the credit?"

jongin looked very, very offended. "i would never! have you even met me? i'm really not like that..."

jinki merely sighed, turning back to his laptop and ignoring the younger's tangent.

~

jongin was sure that he was on top of the world.

well, those weren't the words that he would use. he was in business management. he was going to start up a company, a great company, one who's artists were going to top the charts and make him (as the owner and ceo) famous.

and for his first artist, why not himself? he was great at singing, he was good looking, and it wasn't like he couldn't figure out how producing and writing lyrics worked.

he was just... better.

the thing was, his high-and-mighty-i'm-better-than-you personality was justified. he'd always been the top of his class, and he excelled with his grades. for his last year of uni, this was pretty good. he had to be good.

how else was he supposed to showcase how great he was?

~

jinki stumbled into his dance class, really not wanting to be there. he hadn't had dinner the previous night, and he hadn't had breakfast in the morning.

he felt as though he was at both his prime and his worst. on one hand, he hadn't eaten. he was better in his eyes. on the other, however, he was way too weak to even step into the studio.

still, he did. he still thought he was fine. he was still blinded by his own visions and desires.

"you okay, jinki?"

jinki exhaled, one hand on the wall as he leaned against it. "just peachy."

"ooh-kay." mrs. choi, the teacher, looked him up and down. "we have presentations next class, but are you sure you can get through rehearsal?"

and, before answering, jinki thought. he took a real second to take a look at his situation from the perspective of his teacher. he probably looked weak, as though he was on the verge of collapsing. leaning against the wall didn't make him look powerful either. this was also his first class of the day, and there were visible bags under his eyes that he could see through the mirror. mainly because he was trying to figure out how jongin could start up a whole company on his own with absolutely no plan.