Chapter 5: The Deal

After the two escaped the post apocalyptic scavengers capture, they had made there way to the nearby Morgantown Airport.  According to Hannah the airport was supposed to be safe but Isaac's face gets scrunched up from irritation when he peers over a hillside outside the airport and sees the yard littered with more of those zombified creatures Isaac saw back at the police station.  Isaac speaks his worries to Hannah

"I thought you said this place was safe?"

Hannah looks to Isaac to retort

"Yeah, from raiders.  No one would enter this place because of the amount of scorch that used to roam here, but ever since the virus was wiped ghouls started to move in here."

Isaac gives her a puzzled look.

"Raiders? Scorched? Ghouls?  You mind telling me a bit more, I've only been out here for literally less than 2 days."

Hannah rolls her eyes and gives an exhausted expression.  She rolls over and stands up

"Look, the people we ran from that are dressed like that and act all wild and crazy like there aren't any rules that apply to them are called raiders.  They pillage, steal, and kill whoever cause they exist to do so.  The guys over there that look like zombies are called ghouls, they used to be people but after too much radiation they turn into that.  Some are bad, some still talk and function like you and me, but they just look like them.  Scorched are not that different from ghouls though you don't need to worry about them cause they aren't around any more."

Isaac takes a second to process everything due to the sheer amount of info he was given.  This is when he noticed an important detail that still needed to be attended to and stands up to face Hannah

"Thanks for the lesson, but there is one thing you need to do if we are going to go in there."

Hannah looks up at Isaac in curiosity at what he is going to ask.

"The pip-boy.  I need that back."

Hannah lets out a laugh

"What you think I'm just going to hand this back over?  This might be one of the most treasured things to use in the wasteland."

Isaac steps closer with a stern expression on his face.

"That is the one thing I have from my vault, the one thing my family left me to help keep me alive in this place besides the clothes off my back.  If you want my help to get in there, I want my pip-boy back."

Hannah looks Isaac up and down.  She recalls how sad he was explaining what happened to the people in his vault.  All were dead except him, which includes his family.  Her smile disappears as she realizes what the pip-boy means to Isaac.  With a stern face still on his expression, she unstraps the pip-boy and places it in his hand.

"Thank you."

Isaac responds with a smile growing back on his face as he straps his pip-boy back onto his arm.  As Isaac looks happily on readjusting the settings, Hannah hides a little smirk seeing how happy he is to have his pip-boy back.  She looks away and reaches in her back belt

"It's going to be a little bit of a fight to get in there, best you have something besides your fists."

Isaac looks over at Hannah as she holds out her two hands.  One with his 10mm pistol and the other with his shock baton.  Hannah adds to her gesture

"These looked like the only things I could use besides your junk so I kept them.  I got the rifle so just take these back as well so you can help some way in there."

Isaac's smile continues to be present as he grabs his weapons back.  Hannah then starts explaining their plan. 

"So the place is safe with all the ghouls walking around, however there is a hole in the fence that we can sneak in through the back to avoid most of them.  After we sneak in we can head to one of those rounded airplane hangers.  I managed to leave a stash in one last time I was here in case of something like this happening so we can restock there."