❥𝗨𝗻𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲

❥𝗨𝗻𝗯𝗲𝗹𝗶𝗲𝘃𝗮𝗯𝗹𝗲

"Based on everything you just told me......It still doesn't justify what you did. I am so disappointed in you, Amara." She sighs and runs a hand through her now red hair. She literally has an obsession with dying her hair, but she does always rock it.

I roll my eyes and groan, waiting for her lecture to come. I had just finished coming from work and it was such a stressful day. I definitely did not need for her to tell me how I fucked up.

"Lola, please." I take a sip of my coffee while she shakes her head and glares at me.

"Jason? Again really?" She scrunches her eyebrows and I cringe at my decision of going out with him last night.

I didn't have sex with him, but I did let him finger me on top of his Range Rover in the parking lot of a mall.

I was horny and lonely. Like I have said before those things do not go well with each other.

"It will never happen again. Trust me." I make sure to emphasize never because it will never happen again.

"I mean I get that he is attractive, but Amara. He's so annoying." Her voice getting louder and I tell her to shush when people in the coffee shop start to look at us.

"I know he is, but he was there. And with everything with my dad, Victor, and Dario...I needed it." I try to justify my actions, but Lola never accepts my bullshit. Which is one of the reasons why she is my best friend. She knows when to keep me in check.

"Amara, don't give me that bullshit. Girl, you need to stop having sex with men who don't deserve it and have sex with men who do. You had the perfect man in front of you. And what did you do? You ended it." She says firmly and I nod my head lightly at her words.

"And instead of celebrating about the job you got and what this can mean for your future you went to go get fingered by a guy who is dumb as fuck." Her voice getting harsher which makes me look around the coffee shop.

"Amara, I love you and I'm your best friend. And as you best friend I have to prevent you from sleeping with losers like Jason." She says his name filled with disgust.

"Ok...ok I get it." I laugh and shake my head. It gets quiet for a short moment and Lola's face softens as she grabs my hand and squeezes it.

"You know if you want to talk about what happened when you-"

"Lola, please....I'm fine." I interrupt her and she sighs. I didn't want to talk about my past or trauma, especially right now.

"I love you and thank you for always keeping my ass on check, but I don't want to talk about that right now." I whisper and lower my head. She squeezes my hand lightly.

"Fine, but we will talk about it soon. Ok?" She asks and looks at me sincerely.

"Ok." I hesitantly say, nodding my head and giving her a gentle smile.