~Chapter One~

I stared at myself in the oval shaped mirror. I glared at the reflection. I slanted my eyes, scowling at their dull grey color, cursing my unruly hair, and disowning my freckled skin.

"Addie, hurry up. You're taking forever!" Wren exclaimed, her wispy brown hair falling delicately around her shoulders and collarbone as she attempted to catch her breath.

"I'm not going." I whispered. Wren gasped, as if it was the most absurd idea in the world, which it very well could have been for her.

"Why ever not?!" She inhaled sharply, her lips turning into a thin line as tiny frown marks appeared on her forehead.

"Because," I looked up at her, "you know why." Was my reply. I saw Wren's eye twitch and I knew what was about to unfold. Hurriedly, I flung the mirror away from me. Midair, the entire mirror, including the handle, exploded into a thousand pieces.

"Really, Wren? Must you make such a scene?" I asked, already beginning to pick up the pieces.

Now for many of you, you are reading this and asking yourselves, "Why isn't Adeline exploding at the seams with shock and hysteria?! Her sister just exploded a mirror? What ever is the matter with her?" Well, dear reader, I will explain to you just that.