Chapter 14

Alessandro's POV~

Alessandro's POV~

“Anyone else?” Roaming my eyes around the long table, I wait for a response.

“Don,” One of them says and I gesture him to proceed.

“It could be the Russians.” Seeing my gaze harden, he hurries to explain. “I mean, we have never been on good terms. They have always envied our power and position secretly. So there is a possibility that it were them.”

“They are not brave enough to do that now. They were not brave enough to do that back then.” Francesco inputs.

“And even if they were, they would not have gotten their hands on something so confidential. There has to be an insider who leaked our private information.” Gabriel says.

Slapping my hands on the table I get off my chair, my eyes fierce with determination, getting everyone’s attention. “Russians or not, I do not fucking care.” Taking in their expressions, I continue, “They trespassed our territory. Attacked us when we were unarmed. Killed our families. Violated our women. Did not even leave the infants. There were our fathers, mothers, wives, husbands, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters. The people we held close to us. So, I expect you all to put aside your relations, be it your friend or girlfriend, again I do not give a fuck and give your everything in this retribution. I want what they snatched from us back. Our lost happiness. Even if it can not bring back our dear ones, it will definitely satisfy their souls and our bruised dignity.” My loud voice echoes in the large hall. “Fill your veins with enough wrath and hatred instead of blood for I will not settle for anything less. We have waited for years. Now they will face the worst of their fates because famiglia viene prima.” I roar the last three words.

(Family comes first.)

Everyone shouts, repeating the words of oath after me.

The ring of a cell phone resonates in the room, making them look in my direction. I peer down and see a very known name on the screen.

I wonder what made her call me after what happened that day at the restaurant. She looked like she was not going to talk to me anytime soon.

I quickly look up at my men. “I want any and every lead you can find. The meeting is adjourned.”

Receiving the call, I get out of the hall, “Hello,” My voice calm and composed as usual.

“Uhh…I-I need help. He i…” comes her frantic voice which instantly alerts me.

But she does not complete the words instead the sound of something being thrown is heard along with a man swearing.

My jaws clench.

A man.

I wait for her to say something more. Anything. But everything goes silent.

Pressing the phone to my other ear, I ask, “Hello, Angel? Are you there?”