fortyfour [FINALE] *extra long chapter

"Oi missy, that's an artists only entrance. You need to go the main door like everyone else".

I pulled my hand off the doorhandle that I had been planning on opening.
A security guy with a thick rural accent stepped in front of the door. "Like I said artists only".

"I uhm" I wasn't prepared for this, "I'm with the band. Debbie told me to...".
"Nice try" the bouncer grinned "but Debbie herself warned me for groupies tryna sneak backstage" he pointed around the corner, "you can go to the main door and stand in the crowd with the rest".
I tried one more time to convince the guy that I knew the band but he wouldn't budge.

I sighed.
It sucked that I wasn't able to get to the guys before they had to go on, but experiencing their music in the crowd was the next best option.
I nodded at the bouncer, walked to the main entrance and went inside.

It was pretty quiet because I was so early. Only a couple people were sitting at the bar and the stage was filled with sound equipment, but no people yet.

I sat down at the bar. A couple stools to the left sat two girls around my age and they were very giddy while sipping on their cocktails. I caught a couple words from their conversation
"I get it, Axl is super hot but I'm still gonna go with Slash. He's my favorite!"
"We always like the same guys! Slash is definitely the cutest".

Hearing about their crushes on Slash made me put my hand over my mouth as I tried not to gasp or laugh.
It was crazy to hear them talk like that, about the guy that I knew liked me.

The bartender asked what drink I wanted and I snapped out of my daze.
"A Jack n' coke, please" I said definitively, because I wanted to try Slash's favorite drink.
She went to make it for me.

I heard a couple more giggles from the girls that were talking about the band when the guy that had been sitting on my right tapped my shoulder "hi there, let me introduce myself".
Out of reflex I shook the guy's hand when he stuck it out.
He had short blonde hair and was wearing a blue suède jacket. When he smiled at me I noticed his bright teeth and 5 o'clock shadow.
"I'm Marcus"
"I'm Heather"

What did this guy want?

"Are you here to see the band?"
"Yeah, I am"
"Aha, and you're probably here as a groupie right? Or are you a real music fan?"

That pissed me off. Like I couldn't be a girl going to a concert and be a 'real music fan' at the same time...
Before I could answer the bartender handed me my drink.

"Is that Jack Daniels with Coca Cola?" Marcus sniffed my drink "now that's a good choice right there! I might just have to take you home with me... Heather".

Now I was really annoyed with this guy. As the lights dimmed and the room filled with people coming to see the show, I hopped off my stool taking my drink with me.

"No thanks. I am already going home with someone else tonight".
"And who is that lucky fella?"

I took a big sip of my drink and answered:
"Oh, you might know him... It's Slash".

The Marcus guy looked stumped and I felt the two girls on the left staring at me as I made my way through the crowd with a smile. Downing my drink as I went.

(AN: I suggest you listen to some GNR songs right now to get in the mood, if you want).

I was standing in the middle of the crowd but couldn't get any closer to the stage. I had a decent view so it was all good.
After waiting for a little in the dark with the murmur of the excited audience around me, a shadowy figure walked on stage.