When I turned fourteen and it's illegally F.U.N.! (Freaking Uncomfortably Nice!)

-Chapter 3-

Five years ago...

(9:13 PM of February 17, 2010)

"Come see me at midnight, Cly. At the front of the house, three blocks from here." her voice came out like a whisper on the walkie-talkie, and I was smiling like a lunatic at how crazy we are right now.

"Are you sure about this?" I said grinning, still not believing we can do the sneaking-out-in-the-middle-of-the-night thing, praying to god we won't get caught for this. She giggled at my reply and sighed.

"You're the one who said you wanted to be different, right?" she tells me, and I can't really deny that. "I'm just helping you out here."

***

(11:52 PM of February 17, 2010)

Now as I tread the way out of the house, tip-toeing through the stairs, keeping very quiet as I can so I won't wake mom, dad or Eric who were all sleeping already, I began to have this giddy feeling inside my chest...

This is awesome, this was different.

I'm already having so many mixed, blended, and whirled emotions suddenly, which only then turns out to be a very wonderful experience for me. I don't really have much knowledge for being reckless or sneaky but when Andy suggested it this time, I was really on for it. I am really going for it.

And soon, after all those guilty swerve of conscience and the unnerving fear of getting caught eerily building inside me, I finally exhaled in relief the second I stepped out onto the cemented floor of the back porch, passed the back door of the kitchen, towards the bushes at the backyard of our house. This is final... I'm really doing it.

I was grinning widely, as I hug my new sweatshirt, which was quite bigger than my natural size, and tried to cover my body in a warmth that still absorbed shivers from the breezing cold wind of the night of February. It was a beautiful night... This is my birthday. The first night of my Fourteenth year in the earth...

yeah, just so dramatic.

Andy told me a while ago that she wanted to show me a life-changing gift, but I never thought this was what she was referring to. This was just so great, a different kind of gift actually... And I don't know why but this all just so suddenly best for me. I wonder what she had prepared for this...

Three blocks from ours, I kept playing her words in my mind, as I walked the distance with hope inside me, thinking that whatever it is that I am about to find there, at that place she told me, would definitely be something that would blow the hell out of my fourteen years.

Midnight, just a few minutes more. And I walked faster through the street of our neighborhood, into the house we had agreed of... Two more blocks, and I am feeling very thrilled. This is getting weirder and better and exciting than I could even expect and as I hugged myself more, shielding from the cold, I was smiling with a feeling of anxiousness and curiosity of what Andy has planned for my first birthday with her.