Chapter 3

The bus would be leaving at eight thirty in the morning but students were told to arrive from seven thirty to eight so that they could have time to get their luggage in the bus and time for the last arrives to still make it.

Darcy and Tara arrived together, Darcy having been driven to the school by Tara's parents. Tao was next to arrive, he joined Tara and Darcy as they awaited for the arrival of the rest of their friend group.

Soon after, the others all started to arrive. They were all busy saying goodbye to their family before meeting with their friends.

Nick and Charlie ambled over to the group last but after they were all there, they hopped onto the bus, picking out a group of seats at the back of the bus, unfortunately it wasn't the very back, those seats were already taken by a few members of the rugby team ad well as a group from the girls school.

"Right, so I guess we're sitting in pairs," Darcy spoke, as they saw the seating arrangement of the bus.

"Right, so you and Tara I'd assume, Charlie and I," Nick froze, "unless someone else wanted to sit next to him but I just figured-" Nick rambled on.

"Nick and I, Elle and Tao? And then Isaac…" Charlie interrupted Nick.

"I'll sit alone, unless someone cares to join me, I'll be reading anyway, not that fun of a bus mate," Isaac gave a small smile, it would make the most sense for the couples and future couple to sit with their designated soulmate, he just wanted to believe in romance.

"Are you sure?" Charlie asked, not wanting his friend to be alone.

"Definitely," Isaac reassured.

Once the seating arrangements were made, they sat down. They had all arrived rather early, they still had half an hour to wait but Mr. Ajayi and Mr. Farouq were hoping to have attendance finished by eight twenty.

From the moment the bus had left the school parking lot, Charlie had dreaded the ride. He could hear some of the boys from the rugby team poking fun at him from behind.

Nick, who was sitting beside him could hear everything that Charlie could and he was getting angry, Charlie didn't deserve to be spoken about like that.

Nick turned around in his seat to face the boys, the first person he saw was Harry Green, of course it was. It was Harry and a few other guys who he used to be friends with, they were occupying the back two rows of the bus. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Carful Nickolas, people are going to think you're his boyfriend," Harry said, making the other laugh, as if it would be so funny for Nick to like Charlie in that sort of way, truly comedic.

"Why would that matter?" Nick demanded to know, how is who he likes any of his business?

"Because he's a pathetic -insert homophobic slur here-," Harry spoke loud enough for Tao who was with Elle in the row in front of Nick and Charlie to hear.

"Of course, Harry Green's using his usual fallback insults, picking fun on someone's sexuality as if it actually concerns you," Tao was now sanding up and facing the back of the bus.

"Tao, is there a reason you're standing?" Asked Mr. Ajayi who must not have been able to hear what was going on in the back of the bus from his seat with Mr. Farouq at the front.

"There very much is, Harry is just reminding us all how much of a homophobe he is," Tao said, loud enough to get most peoples attention.

"Harry, you may finish the ride up front with Yousef- er Mr. Farouq and I, " Mr. Ajayi states before stepping out of the way for Harry to pass him to go sit next to Mr. Farouq. Mr. Ajayi who disappointedly had lost his seat to Harry, instead sat next to Issac who was sitting upfront alone and was too focused on his book to care.

The bus ride way long but it was a bit more peaceful once Harry had been moved, although the back of the bus was still loud and rowdy.

At some point during the bus ride, both Nick and Charlie had fallen asleep, the same could be said about Tara and Darcy. Elle and Tao on the other hand were awake the whole way there.

When the bus pulled to a stop in front of the hotel, Mr. Ajayi and Mr. Farouq had to wake up the sleeping students who were exhausted from the long bus ride.

You all should have already chosen your roommates, so find your roommates and stay with them, either myself or Mr. Ajayi will come around and give you your key," Mr. Farouq spoke, loud enough for all the students to hear.

One by one they got their keys, Charlie, Nick, Tao and Isaac were sharing a room while Tara, Darcy, Elle and Imogen were sharing another. They had to have four to a room and Imogen had mostly guy friends so she didn't have any roommates, making the four of them be forced to share a room.

From the moment the boys opened the door to their bedroom, they noted two things; how small it was and they there were only two beds.

"I call the bed by the window," Isaac spoke and went to put his luggage down onto it.

"Nick and I could-"

"I'll take the bed furthest from the window, I'd rather not wake up to the sun in my eye," Tao claimed.

"Right, and I'll share with Tao," Charlie said, a bit disappointed.

Of course, Charlie had yet to tell Tao about him and Nick but he was nervous, what if Tao accidentally outed Nick? He didn't want Nick to have to go through that, not that Tao would do it on purpose. Tao will always be his best friend but he had a loud mouth, he couldn't keep secrets for the life of him and that how people found our that Charlie was gay. He didn't mean to out him but it still hurts know so, even if Tao isn't aware he did so.