The Dominated

In various sectors of our life, haven't we ever observed the cruel and inappropriate behavior towards the 'female' population of our country? Most of the times we blame the illiterate masses for the upholding of such irrational behavior, but don't the educated, elite and so-called literate masses also have a hand in such atrocities! 

The superior classes always push their blame on to the lower ones, hence bringing them out from under suspicion.

 Some do it unknowingly, following the norms that have been prevalent for decades. After all, who would like to defy society and it's customs? If it has been happening for years, it MUST be right. Let me just turn off my conscience and close my eyes. 
There, it's all better.  

They can't accept the fact that girls of this and upcoming generations are independent and they will rebel if you try to treat them otherwise.
Women have a brain?! Oh, sweet Lord! AND it functions? What the hell! Lies, I tell you, LIES!

If a female answers back she is considered to be ill mannered. When a male does, he’s just using his right and speaking about what’s on his mind.

If she takes her own decisions she is termed 'too modern’. Pssh, her own decision? What do you mean by her own decision?

She is expected to be patient, kind, understanding, warm and subservient. Just like a house pet. Hoot-hoot. And she can cook and clean!

What a talented little creature. 

 It seems as though her only reason to be alive is to be polished in every possible way. After all, she is treated as if she is an object. 

In my culture, women are treated like porcelain dolls. Sounds exciting and lavish, doesn't it? 
Well so did the Treaty of Versailles. 
The women here, if once disfigured, automatically become outcasts. After all, which guy would like to marry an ugly hag? Oh, no. He's too handsome and rich for that. Someone get him a bimbo please. 

The erudite class of the society might be saying that they believe in the equality between the sexes. Well, its time to bring these beliefs into action, cause I don’t see it. You say you love me as much as my brother?  No wonder you’re going to auction me off to another family along with half your life savings. After all, they are willing to accept your daughter. You have to show your gratitude.

I won’t blame the families that take dowry. No, sir. If none of the families were willing to pay the dowry, who’d be asking for it?

Why has the boy always been favored?

Cause he’ll be the one supporting his family, while his sister is now a possession of another family? Bravo. What a reason.

It’s not like she can work and use her income to support herself and her parents.  There is no way they can work that out! It’s too complicated. Let’s go build a rocket instead. 

Most of the Indian women have to ask their husbands before making any decision.

“Honey, I think these red curtains will look really good in our yellow painted room.” She suggests.

“NO. Get the ugly yellow ones with the ugly polka dots.” He orders.

And they end up with ugly yellow curtains in an ugly yellow room.

The woman's choice is actually overruled by her husband's verdict.

AND she has to obey his command.

It rarely happens that he ever abides by her. Why should he? He’s the one with the muscles after all.

This is the same country where the Goddesses are worshiped and the same one where the girls are not respected. They bow down in front of a lifeless idol while they physically abuse the living. Praises are sung for stone figures, and catcalls for the ones who walk on the road.

Yes, we see how much you respect your God.

Even if a woman is allowed to work, she is forced to hate it. Insolent comments, inappropriate behavior, cheeky touches and what not. She’s more of the offices’ plaything than an actual employee.

 Instead of supporting her, people expedite this chauvinism. She is subjugated to domestic violence, even today. You parents can’t afford to buy your greedy in laws another car? Sad. You’ll be roasted alive, while they bask in your flames. Poof, just like that you’re a pile of ash.

You’re having a third kid and the sonographer said it’s a girl? You’ll mysteriously fall down a flight of steps. Or easier, your new ‘family’ will force you to abort ‘it’.

It doesn’t matter if it was your husband’s sperm’s fault. Ain’t no body got the time to realize that. IT WAS YOUR ENTIRE FAULT. YOU were the reason why there isn’t a boy shooting out of you. YOU are the one who enjoys going through the agony of pregnancy. YOU enjoy the risks that come with every abortion and oh, how you love killing your own baby. Or watching it get killed. Woohoo! What an entertaining sight! Let's get some popcorn!

No wonder you’re purposely having a girl child everytime..

There have been amendments made, but can we call it enough? A country that spends millions of dollars for hosting a set of silly games can’t spend half of that same amount for woman welfare. Why in the name of God would they spend SO much on half of their population, while they can spend it on building new skyscrapers and bribing the rich? Ooh, that does sound better.

Gah. They’ll (women) get used to it. Give them some time. Till then, let’s go spend another million on a new mall. Yay.

It’s never too late? Haha.

It’s already too late.

 How do you save a drowning man?

You pull him out and perform mouth to mouth or perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation.

But, how do you save a man that has already drowned?