Chapter 11

"WHERE THE FUCK HAVE YOU BEEN?" Jamie yelled as Dallas walked through the door. It had just clocked 1:00am and Dally had been gone all night. She had been worried sick.

"I went out and had a few drinks, you know the usual me," Dally slurred and stumbled past her and into the kitchen to grab, what seemed to be, another beer.

"A few drinks, you wanna try that again?" She said forcefully, anger boiling through her veins. She just felt like the mess standing in front of her was all her fault. She felt as if she was the problem.

"Why do you care anyway, huh, you told me to piss off, so I did. Isn't this what you wanted, you wanted me to go away." He yelled at her. It was irritating how she didn't trust him. That she felt the need to push everyone away. He felt guilty and regretful. Being one of the only people she loved in New York, he didn't do a very good job.

"I care about you Dallas. We've known each other since we were 6 for fucks sake. Although it may not seem like it, you're a big part of my life whether it's good or bad and frankly whether you like it or not." She yelled back in frustration, she wanted to cry, but she didn't. she had been through this with him too many times over the past 11 years.

"You care? You fucking care, huh? I don't know a lot of shit Jamie-Lynn but I 100% know that you don't give a fuck about me," he said in a low angry voice. He was wrong, so Goddamn wrong. She knew that younger her would have hugged him and forgiven him, but she at least owed it to herself to never do that again. Once he used her full name, it was probably time to shut up, but she didn't, it was time for him to finally hear her.

"If I didn't give a fuck about you, why did I run into your arms after that scum attacked me, huh, why have I been so soft around you for the past two weeks? Why do I have a tattoo as a representation of you on my leg? If I don't care, why do I run back every time you leave me broken?" she yelled back. She didn't want to deal with this shit. Not after trying to forget him for so long.

"Then why do you push me away, every time I ask you out or try to take care of you, you push me away, why don't you trust me? I have tried my hardest to get you to at least notice me and yet you act like all I do is lie. After all these years, don't you think you could at least trust me a little bit. Why don't you fucking trust me?" he said yelling again.

"Just because I care about you doesn't mean I trust you, Dallas. I don't trust people; it isn't a thing I do. I trusted my dad when he said he would take care of me and look where that ended. Him dead in a fucking plane crash. And do you honestly think I'm gonna trust you after you said you were gonna be there and left me while the cops got me instead of you. They weren't even looking for me they were after you and yet I was the one who was thrown in jail. Not you or slimy scum ball friends. Me. So, think to yourself Dallas Winston, is the girl you left for dead and didn't even apologize to really gonna trust you?" Jamie ranted at his face. But he didn't reply. He stood there, pissed, and angry, but still there was no reply, because he knew it was true.

"Yeah, I didn't think so," Jamie said in a calmer voice and stormed off to her room.

"Jamie," Dally called.

"Jamie-Lynn," he called again, but still he got no answer. He had fucked up.

"Fuck red, I just want you to love me back." He yelled and kicked the armchair.

"Actually, you know what, never mind, I never want to see you again," he screamed again and slammed the door on his way out.

Jamie could hear everything he said from her room. She burst into tears as soon as he left. It hurt so bad. She never wanted to feel it again. It was like a reoccurring wave of heartbreak. She wanted to trust him, she did, but she couldn't. He had done too much.

Jamie wasn't one to let go of the past. She thought back on all the times he had hurt her, yet she kept coming back. She always did. Even when he let her get hit in a fight. Even when he refused to talk to her for a week. Even when he left her in the middle of the forest so that the cops would find her. Not him, her. She had done nothing, it was him who broke the law, not her. She was locked in jail, and he had escaped unscathed. He had left her in a small cement cell, while he was out running free. He had left her numb while he was full of emotions that she could feel no longer. No one had come to bail her out, the only person she thought loved her back had left.

Shespent three full months in jail for nothing. She spent every night in the coldconcrete block waiting to get out, to see Dallas again, so that he would tellher it was all his fault that he was forever sorry but when she got out no onewas there for her. Dallas had left New York. He had left her wanting love. Hehad left her wanting to feel something, but it never came back. It had takenher five full years to get over the pain, numbness, and heartbreak she felt buthere she was again. Stuck in a toxic position with no one but herself. She wasstuck with the residue of love still in her heart, the residue that was nowturning dark and moldy. The residue that was now black just like the rest ofher heart. She wanted nothing to do with Dallas Tucker Winston. She hoped thathe'd leave for good this time. She wanted him to disappear and never come back.She wanted him to go. Stay gone.

Word count: 1078