Prologue

"Tell me the story of our kingdom, Father." The little girl squirmed in her oversized bed. Some might laugh at the size difference between the grand bed and the little girl that sleeps in it, but nothing is too grand for the princess.

The princess's father laughed warmly, not surprised that this was the bedtime story request. He sat down on her bed, pulled her blankets securely over her, kissed her on the forehead, and began the story:

"Many, many years ago, this kingdom was ruled by men. These men were power hungry, spiteful, and mean."

"Monsters!" The little girl interjected.

"Yes," the father agreed. "Like monsters. These men were cruel and treated the women of the kingdom very poorly. The women were sold into marriages by their fathers, treated as belongings by their husbands, and had little value in the world."

"Until Queen Nevaeh!" The little girl exclaimed.

Her father smiled at her enthusiasm. "Until Queen Nevaeh. Queen Nevaeh saw the cruelty in her kingdom and demanded change. She gathered trusted followers and overthrew the King and his advisors. With her followers' help, Queen Nevaeh created a new kingdom: one where women ruled. From then on, this kingdom has been ruled by women, giving women the power they never had when there was a man on the throne."