8 - You get scared (Ashton)

Yayy, I'm finally active again on here with a new chapter. Thank you for reminding me that I didn't even screenshot the imagine when I first wrote it vici2k05 😂🥰

The tourbus shook slightly with every harsh blow of the wind outside. Raindrops not falling but seemingly hammering onto the roof of the bus. You felt like it would hit you any second and as another thunder crashed loudly you shrieked, hiding deeper into the blankets in Ashton's bunk, that you were sharing while you were visiting your boyfriend on tour.

You gripped even tighter onto the blankets, trying not to spill the tears threatening to roll down your face, but when suddenly the door was ripped open and the volume of the storm outside increased so much more, the sobs started shaking you.

This was too much, everything was too loud and too scary.

Then the curtains were drawn back and you shrieked again, fully disappearing under the warm blanket.

"Y/n!", you heard and a hand shaking what he probably thought was your shoulder, but it was actually your elbow, "Y/n, it's okay, I'm here. It's Ash, sweetheart, do you hear me?"

You just sniffled in response not daring to come out of your safe cocoon.

"Can I-", the hand was carefully tapping over your body, trying to make out where you were exactly, "Can I join you?"

"It's your bed", you just mumbled, not understanding why he would ask that when it was his own bunk. If he wanted to, he could just throw you out and -

"I would never do anything that you're not comfortable with, Y/N. And I know what you're thinking, but I would never even dare to dream of kicking you out - anywhere - when I can cuddle with my favorite girl instead."

At those words, you finally peeked your head out of the blankets again, seeing his curly haired head sticking into the bunk through the halfway opened curtain.

"Hey", he whispered and smiled sweetly.
'Hi', you wanted to say back, but what came out was a whimper, as another thunder struck through the sky, lighting up the bus for a second.

Upon seeing how scared you really were, Ashton didn't wait another second and hurried to squeeze next to you into the bunk, that could already barely fit him when it was him alone.

"Ssh, I'm here, it's okay", he mumbled softly and kissed the tip of your ear, softly stroking through your hair to try and calm you down.

Ashton's arms felt warm and secure around you, holding you tightly. You melted into him, burrying your face in his chest, still sniffling and shaking.

"It's okay, baby.", Ash said again, but added a concerned "Why not?", when he felt your head shaking on his chest, "Talk to me, my girl."

"I just...", another sniffle, "...It's so pathetic, that i'm scared of thunder. I mean I watch horror movies, but then I -"

"No, no, no", he put the tip of his finger under your chin, lifting your head up, so that you made eye contact with his beautiful hazel eyes.
"None of that is true, sweetheart. It's totally okay to be scared, everyone's scared of things."

"But I-"

"No buts.", he whispered, then you felt the giggle rise in his chest before he had even let it out and added: "Besides, look at Luke, he got scared today when I accidentally turned the light in the bathroom off and he was still screaming when it was already back on!"

This caused you to giggle with him but you accidentally put a finger on his chest. "Hey, don't shame on Lukey, Ash."

"Sorry.", he whispered but you could still feel the smirk on his lips when he bent down to kiss you softly.

"But see...", he whispered, "I distracted you!", he smiled proudly.

It was as if the thunder felt ignored, because suddenly it struck loudly again and you instinctively hid your head in his chest again, whimpers escaping you.

Ashton's arms immediately tightened around you, keeping you safe.

"I'm keeping you're safe!" is what he said, too, "I'm here, Y/N, it's all going to be okay."

You nodded your head but Ashton's constant words of comfort didn't stop you from shaking and breathing erratically.

"Breathe with me, my girl, alright?", he said as he noticed it.

"In..."

You took in a deep breath.

"And out..."

You let it out.

"In..."

"And out..."

"In... you're doing so good!"

"And out..."

Your breathing started calming down more and more.

At some point, Ashton had started to stroke your back and with all that and the tight embrace he was still holding you in, you felt more and more safe and even though the thunder kept striking and the wind rumbling, you didn't shook as much each time.

When Ashton started voicing another "In...", you giggled lightly, interrupting him.

"What?", he asked fondly.

"Sorry...", you giggled, "Your chest hair was tickling my nose."

You couldn't see it but you knew that he was rolling his eyes.

"I thought you liked-"

"Yea, yea, let's not discuss this while I'm practically drenching you in my tears.", you said, kissing his chest.

He kissed the top of your head in return, then softly asked: "Do you wanna keep talking or do you wanna go to sleep?"

You hesitated.

"Either way", he added as soon as he noticed your resistance, "I'm not going to leave, I'll stay, you know that."

So you whispered shyly against his chest: "I'd actually like to sleep"

"That's okay", he answered quietly, "Try to relax, yea? I'm here and I'll keep holding you the whole night through, you're safe with me, baby."

His soft quiet words somehow managed to drown out the storm outside, the stroking movements of his fingers on your back softly lulling you into a more peaceful state of mind.

"G'night", you mumbled, only halfway awake now.

"Good night, my girl.", he whispered back, kissing the top of your head another time, but then keeping his head there.

You were now cuddled up in a warm and safe Ashton cocoon that would protect you from anything.

He continued to whisper sweet nothings to you and "Sweet dreams", was the last thing you heard him mumble, before you drifted off to sleep in his arms.