12.

Waking up for school was always bad for me, I was never much of a morning person. So when my alarm went off I forced myself out of bed and groaned as I looked in the mirror. At least it was Friday. Today I was supposed to meet Luke before classes started, he wanted to go to the coffee place I went to with Michael.

Abbie was already gone when I woke up so there was no point in being quiet. I got my speakers and blasted All Time Low, their new album turned out to be amazing. I started getting ready while singing along to every word. Once I had my makeup on and hair brushed I started looking through cloths to wear. Don't tell anyone but I may have gotten lazy and threw on what I wore out with Mali.

My favorite song came on from the album and like the nerd I was, I grabbed my hairbrush and sang into it like a microphone. I was too busy dancing and jumping around my room to notice the quiet knock on my door. I turned around to see a giant with piercing blue eyes standing in my doorway,giggling. I almost peed my pants when I saw him staring at me thinking it was someone else.

I ran to him and slapped his arm for giggling at me, "eavesdropping is not good Lucas," I said pretending to be mad.

"Hey, your just lucky I didn't take a video of that. Your voice is amazing and I'm Soo jealous of your dance moves!" He said smirking. I shook my head in embarrassment and turned my music off. I grabbed my bag and phone and we started our walk to the coffee shop. It was pretty full compared to the last time I was here, there were couples sharing coffee, people passed out over their laptops, some just chilling and listening to music.

Luke asked what I normally order and said he'd pay if I found a seat for us, I did in the corner of the small shop. Luke came back minutes later with our coffee and he sat down across from me. I wanted to talk to him about ditching last night but I didn't know how to start that conversation.." Hey sorry I ditched your performance last night but your best friend made me nervous cuz he's bullied me for four years of my life" no

I was grateful when Luke started the conversation for me, "last night's performance was amazing! We got a few standing ovations from people, I messed up on a part 'cuz my voice cracked but other then that it rocked." He rambled.

I couldn't help but just smile at him, he was so cute and funny.

"Yeah, listen I'm sorry about leaving so fast. I had an... Issue, personal issue. It's all taken care of now." I said, It wasn't completely a lie.. He smiled at me and nodded saying it was "cool" we talked for 15 more minutes until I had to get to my English class. He decided he would walk with me, which I was fine with. We got to my class a few minutes early and before I walked in he pulled me into a hug. His hugs were so nice and welcoming, I wasn't as tall as him so my head was resting on his chest. Not to be creepy but he also smelled really really good. He pulled away and said he'd see me in my next class.

Before walking into English I thought about how I should approach the Mali situation, maybe I should just pretend he did like me so I wouldn't have to tell her the real reason why he wanted to see me. Which reminded me, he still hasn't texted back.

I sat in my seat next to Mali and luckily she started talking about some waiter she met at the diner yesterday. That's why she took so long to come back, his name was David and goes to a college a few blocks away. He's a year older than her but apparently he's super attractive and sweet. I was happy Mali had found a guy, I hadn't known her for long but she seemed happier today then she normally did.

The bell rang and class started, the teacher began right away handing papers out to us about his course and requirements. He started talking to us about the papers, I was paying attention until I felt my phone buzz in my back pocket. I pulled it out, trying to be sneaky, and unlocked my phone. I almost gasped out loud when I saw it was from Calum.

From Calum: what class r u in now, I'll skip first 2 classes and meet u outside ur classroom.

So I guess this was really going to happen, I felt my stomach tie in knots. I didn't have time to prepare myself for what's to come and to be honest I was really scared. I had never trusted Calum before so why was I now, maybe I shouldn't do this. If I don't tell him my room number he can't come and hurt me right? I'd go with that, I'd ignore him. No harm done. The knots in my stomach untied and I was able to breath again because of my solution.

The class was boring me by the time it was about to leave, he had talked about the same things over and over. When I heard the bell ring I sighed in relief knowing I was free from the class until Monday. I hugged Mali goodbye and when we pulled away she gave me a weird smile, like she was up to something. I ignored it and found my way to the door.

As I began walking to my next classroom I felt someone grab my arm and roughly pull me towards them. I was face to face with Calum Hood. He began walking me to a quieter place in the hallway behind my classroom.

"How did you even find me," I asked, my voice high-pitched in fear. He finally let go of my wrist and looked me in the eyes, his gaze was too strong forcing me to look away. I couldn't tell the emotion behind them, maybe he wanted to hit me or maybe he wanted to cry.

"Mali tells me everything, I knew you were in her class because she told me last night. Why didn't you tell me yourself?" He said in a hushed tone. It was killing me not to know what he was feeing, it scared me.

"Maybe because you still scare me," I spoke, suddenly gaining courage. "Why did you even want to see me anyway." I ask. He stayed silent, but kept his gaze still on me. I felt uncomfortable and turned to leave, once again I felt his large hand wrap around my tiny wrist and pull me to look at him.

"Listen Elyse, I wanted to talk to you to say I'm sorry okay. I know how I treated you, I know I hurt you and scared you and embarrassed you but I'm sorry. It took me this long to figure out that no one deserves that, especially not you. I don't want you to be scared anymore. I.. I'm sorry I made your life hell, I would take it back, all of it." He looked at me in the eyes as he said that while speech. I started crying after the first sentence, he looked scared and that how I knew this couldn't have been sincere.

With tears running down my eyes I asked the one question I never thought I'd get to ask, "why? Why me, what did I do to you for you to treat me like shit?" I stuttered a bit.

"I don't know" he shook his head and whispered.

I ran, I was already late to class and I could stand there with him anymore. He chased after me for a while but he gave up with little effort. I shook but I didn't know why, I could go to class and so I did something I never thought I'd ever do in my life. I skipped my class, I ran straight to the dorms. I ran in without caution which was a bad idea as I ran straight into a pretty heated make out session with Abbie and Michael.

They both stopped and looked up at me, I probably looked horrid. Makeup running down my face, sweaty from running so far, hair frizzy from the wind. Somehow this situation only made me more frustrated and made me cry harder. I ran out of my room without speaking a word to either of them. When I'm in the hallway I slide down the wall, holding my legs tightly against my chest. After a few minutes of crying hard into my knees I grab my phone and call someone asking if I could come over.

I ran to her dorms and when Mali opened and saw me in such a state, she immediately engulfed me into a hug letting me sob on her shoulder as she lightly rubbed my back. Once I'd calmed down a little she sat me down and asked what was wrong.

And you know what for the first time in my life I told her everything. From the very start of 9th grade till the graduation ceremony in 12th. I told her how her own brother had treated me. I also told her what he had told me today and by the end even she was beginning to cry with me. So after a while we sat on her bed both crying for me, it must've looked weird but for the first time in my life I felt wanted and accepted. And you know what it felt amazing....

Hahahha juicy yet?? Keep reading and commenting, thank you :)