Maybe?

Its been two weeks. After the first time I cried over Sherlock I couldn't stop. I cried when I went from my room to the kitchen, passing his chair. I cried when I read in the news about a new murder.

I eventually stopped eating, getting thinner and more gaunt everyday. What made it worse was that I thought I saw him everywhere. Looking at me behind trees, or in the reflection of a shop window.

"You can't starve yourself." John tried to coerce me into eating. "I know it hurts. I know it feels like someone took a spoon and tore out the best part of you. But you can't give up."

"What's the point." My voice was barely a whisper, "What's the point of living without him? How can the world go on and not give a damn?"

I got up and left without a word. The hospital where he jumped was only a few blocks from here so I don't bother grabbing an umbrella. The sky matched my mood, glum and teary.

Looking at the ledge where he jumped sent chills down my spine. I stepped, one foot at a time, on to the dirty concrete ledge. I looked down, six stories down, to the concrete sidewalk.

**********************************************

I hated how she cried. She cried silently, making sure no one would see. But I saw. I saw it in shop window reflections and from behind trees. She was clearly starving herself; her clothes hung off her unnaturally.

She never went anywhere, which is why I was surprised when she headed towards the hospital. She looked like someone on a mission, someone determined to do whatever it took. I put two and two together when she walked past me crying.

**********************************************

I spread my arms, leaned foward, but instead of falling like I expected I just hung. Then strong but gentle arms pulled me back. They turned me around and I saw the emerald green eyes I saw in my sleep.

"Sherlock?" Tears fell freely and he wiped them away, smiling softly. He lifted me off and held me tight.

"Where did you go?" I had so many questions, so many of my dreams coming true.

"It doesn't matter right now. All that matters is that you're safe. Don't you ever scare me like that again, Grace."