Nico x Elizabeth- Happy Birthday

I walked by the beach, the water gently kissing my feet as I passed. The waves splashed my legs and I giggled as water droplets tickled my legs.

Soon I saw a figure in the distance, someone with messy raven hair and a huge aviator jacket.

Nico di Angelo.

I smiled and jogged to the son of Hades, as I neared he turned and smiled making my heart run a mile a minute.

"Hey Elizabeth," he greeted.

I blushed and smiled sheepishly, "Hi Nico, so what are you doing here?" I asked.

Nico grinned then cupped my cheeks pulling me closer to him. My heart hammered against my ribcage and my cheeks burned as his cool fingers caressed my face.

"I've been meaning to tell you something," he whispered.

I swallowed, "A-And that is?"

His face neared mine, I closed my eyes expecting a kiss but instead his cool lips brushed against my ear.

"I love you," he murmured so quietly I had to strain to hear.

Nico pulled away and smiled, his obsidian eyes sparkling with kindness.
I was so shocked I could barely think. Nico loved me? I thought my heart would burst out of my chest.

"Nico I love you t-,"

Suddenly the earth rocked to the side and I stumbled forward only to crash into a frozen Nico. He stood perfectly still, his head tilted to the side in confusion.

"Elizabeth," a faint voice said.

I turned around to see no one and the most odd thing...the world had stopped. Leaves floated mid air and birds flew suspended in the clouds, the waves didn't pull back in or out and the sand didn't move under my feet.

"Elizabeth," the voice sang again.

"Who's there?!" I called putting a hand on my necklace charm, ready to turn it into a sword at any second.

"ELIZABETH!" They screamed.

The earth opened up and I was soon swallowed by it.

Then I woke up.

*~*~*~*~*

I struggled to sit up and gasped for air as a pressure on my chest made it hard for me to breathe. My vision cleared and Gally sat smiling in my face on top of me.

"Elizabeth get up!" She giggled.

I groaned and laid my head back on my pillow. "Why?" I whined.

"Because," she said in a sing/song voice. Gally then got off of me and started jumping on my bed making me bounce. "ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY NOW GET UUUUUUUUUUP!" She screamed.

I bounced so high I fell right off my bed onto my back in a heap of blanket. Someone laughed and I looked up to see Percy standing above me with a devilish grin on his face.

Uh oh.

"What are you doing?" I asked as he held something behind his back.

Percy grinned and Gally giggled. "Oh, nothing," my brother said innocently, "just got you a little-SURPRISE!"

Percy smashed something cold and sweet onto my face and I yelped in surprise as my brother smushed cake all over me. Gally laughed so loud then poured sprinkles over me.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" They yelled giggling then ran out the door.

"ARG! YOU TWO ARE SO DEAD!" I screamed bloody murder then ran after them bursting through my cabin door.