Meanwhile, Back at Home part 1

Alpha Jasons POV

I look around the living room of my pack house as the decorations are being put up. Tonight is Ophelia James 18th birthday party. I decided to throw the party for her. Even though she hasnt met her wolf yet, I have my speculations on why she hasnt, she has always been like a daughter to me, and I felt like she deserved something special on her big day.

As I was lost in my thoughts, the sliding glass door to the back porch opens and in walks my son Derrick and his two best friends, Ryan and Ransley. The stop abruptly, stop laughing and cutting up and look around at all the party festivities.

"Hey dad, whats going on here?" Derrick asks me.

"We are setting up for Ophelias birthday party. I told you about it last week remember?"

I swear I saw terror flash across his face, but I dismiss it. I must be tired.

"Actually, have any of you seen her? I need to ask her some questions before the party," I ask the boys.

Ransleys entire face drains of color and he looks towards the floor. Ryan turns and looks at Derrick. These are some odd behaviors but Derrick answers for them and tells me they havent seen her since school earlier. They dismiss themselves quickly, but I just shake the weirdness off. Ill figure it out later after the party.

I try mind-linking Ophelia but theres a block put up. Thats odd. Maybe shes busy. I guess I will try her parents.

'Hey Julie, is Ophelia home? I have some things I want to take to her about before the party,' I ask Ophelias mother.

She doesnt say anything but shes pushing her emotions through the link and its all sadness and fear so I mind-link her mate, Ophelias dad.

'Todd, is everything okay? I tried to link Ophelia and she isnt answering and then Julie was sad and scared?' I ask him desperately.

'No. Ophelia didnt come home from school and when I called up there, they said she hadnt been in class all day. Which you know is not like her at all. She isnt answering anyones mind link and I cant feel her through our family bond anymore,' he says.

I can feel my rage building as well as my fear that something has happened to Ophelia.

'I will begin looking for her immediately. And I will bring her home,' I promise Todd.

I mind-link my beta, Sam.

'Get in my office, NOW!' I growl.

'Yes, Alpha' he responds quickly.

As soon as I sit in my chair behind my desk, Sam is opening the door and sitting in the leather chair across from me.

"Alpha, whats going on?" he questions.

"Ophelia James never came home from school and apparently wasnt there at all today. Which you know is very out of character for her. We need to find her, now. Go to the school and look around. See what you can find," I tell him using my alpha voice. It makes him realize I am not playing.

"Yes, Alpha. I hope she is okay. She is like a daughter to many of us. We will find her," he says while rushing out of my office.

I then mind-link my gamma, Travis and tell him to come to my office. He shows up a few minutes later and I explain the same thing to him. I can see the anger in his face. He and Ophelia are like best friends. I tell him to go to her parents house and see if they can give him exactly where Ophelia was at and what time so they can establish a timeline of when she went missing.

As he is heading out, he turns around and says in a low voice "If something has happened to my best friend, whoever is responsible better learn to run because I will kill them. I dont care who they are."

I sigh and lean back in my chair. I need my mate. This is hitting too close to home. I mink-link Luna Caroline and tell her I need her. She comes into my office, sits in my lap and I explain what has happened with Ophelia. She gets upset because we both view Ophelia as a bonus daughter, so we just sit there and hold one another, providing comfort to each other.

About 10 minutes later, Sam mind-links myself, Luna, and Travis with an update.

'Im afraid I have some pretty bad news, Alpha. When I first got to the school, I followed Ophelias scent to an empty Chemistry classroom and found her bag and all her personal belongings on the floor and it looks like there was a struggle. After I found her stuff, I went to the security office and reviewed the tape from this morning this is where things get bad Alpha,' he says nervously.

'Spit it out Sam. Now,' I command with my alpha aura.

'At 8:37 this morning, Ophelia is seen being taken out of the side door of the school and into the forest with Ryan, Derrick and Ransley. She was hanging over Ryans shoulder and looks to be completely out of it, Sir.'

I roar with anger. My own son. There had to be an explanation for this. Theres no way he did anything to hurt her.

'You know as well as I do that our pup somehow became psycho,' Jerricho, my wolf says.

I cut off the link with my wolf. I cant handle him right now.

'Sam, Travis, get back here now. We have some questions that need answering.'

'Yes, Alpha,' they both answer.