01

DAY 30/1

"be not afraid of greatness

"be not afraid of greatness. some are born great, some achieve greatness and others have greatness thrust upon them,"

 some are born great, some achieve greatness and others have greatness thrust upon them,"

JUDE SAT WITH HER EYES CLOSED, in the back of her moms mercedes'. She didn't want to think, she didn't want to talk, she just wanted to be. After hours of listening to her parents lecture her, she couldn't take it anymore and let herself succumb to the Phoebe Bridgers sad girl music. Anything was better than listening to her mom.

"Now, I've just gotten a call from the retreat organisers, saying you'll be going on a different plane with another group of girls," Her mom said, Jude took out her headphones and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why?" She asked,

"The woman said there was no room left on the plan, so you'll be going with another retreat,"

Jude sat there and bit her lip, something didn't sit right with her.

"So I'm going to a different retreat then?"

Her mother sighed, as if to say, she was done listening, "You're going to the retreat I payed for, just taking a different plane,"

Jude shrugged and put her headphones back in, listening the moon song to help her fall back into that numbness.

There was awkwardness, distance, a lot of glances....politeness. We were cautious with our walls up, just strangers heading in a new direction... with no fucking idea what was coming,"

Jude sat on the back of the plane, scratching her hand harshly. All boys. Every single one of them were boys. Her mom said there was a different group of girls on this plane, why are they all boy? Her scratching got faster and blood began to seep through her skin.

"What a motherfucking dream," She whispered, closing her eyes.

"Cake anyone?" One of the heir-hostess asked. Jude was still in her seat at the back, not bothering to join the group of boys, seen as they wouldn't be spending the retreat together.