Chapter Two

CHAPTER TWO:

CHAPTER TWO:

JAIL

The two girls took each other in with curiosity, 

When Kate was making a new head for Sonnie, Wes had given her a picture and Kate couldn't lie that the young woman was, for starters, absolutely beautiful. She had the sharp features Kate had always wanted, ever since she was a child; the sharp cheekbones, the jawline, the full lips. Now Sonnie was before her, in all her glory examining and nothing could compare to the real deal.

Just like Kate, Sonnie used this opportunity to examine the girl she had only actually seen face to face once, and that was disastrous. The pilot could remember those lessons she had heard at school about angels, and she could still remember how she had imagined them back then: blonde, sweet, and breathtaking. That's what Kate looked like, and Sonnie had never believed in God, in a savior or anything like that. But Kate was just that, her God, her savior.

The two snapped out of their daze, realizing one thing; they had never actually been introduced and Sonnie being naked, only covered by Kate's oversized, puffy jacket, got rather awkward, rather fast. For Kate at least, who went red in the face pushing herself to her feet and extending a hand out to help the pilot up next while trying to hide her shyness and completely avoiding eye contact.

"I think Ivrina has some clothes for you in the drawer next to the pod." she quickly informed, fidgeting with her fingers, gesturing to where her clothes were, Sonnie following her finger with her eyes, recognizing the spot. They always had some clothes lying around the lab, especially because Sonnie had a tendency to bring her hook-ups there, a fact that Ivrina had berated her about a lot of times, but the girl remained unbothered even when she promised Ivrina that she would stop.

"Do you want me to get them for you?"

"I got it." that came out harsher than she had intended "Thanks" she quickly added hoping to not sound more rude. Not that anything could top roaring in the face of her savior.

Kate nodded, eyes flickering towards the door as Sonnie went to get her clothes, "I'll go get them." she gestured towards the door. Without waiting for a response from the pilot she was already out her fast walking breaking into a run the moment she was out.

-

Sonnie had almost finished getting dressed, slipping her leather jacket back on, finally starting to feel like herself again.

Was she even herself now?

Was she even human?

Her sharp eyes darted to the beastie pod, walking closer to rest her fingers on the glass, turning on the red lights. She watched the beastie inside the pod, moving around a bit, reacting to her presence. When they went to buy a beastie for the fights, Sonnie was the one that chose Khanivore. She was way smaller than the other beasties they had been presented with, but Sonnie didn't give a shit about that. Khanivore just... clicked to her. And now they were one and the same.