Chapter 23 - USJ: Start of the Raid

"If you're prepared to adapt and learn, you can transform."

【♕ ❖✧❖✧❖ ♔】

(Izuku Pendragon's POV)

I crossed my legs as I put an arm around Stacy, who was sitting beside me on the bus that we were on. I glanced around inside and saw all of Class 1-A occupying the entire bus, their hero costumes filling it with color. We were all heading to a place quite a ways away from campus for our rescue training.

"Hey, Izuku-chan, I always say what I think no matter what's on my mind," Asui monotonously stated beside me.

"What is it, Asui?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Call me Tsuyu-chan..." I nodded lightly and gestured for her to continue. "Your Quirk reminds me of the vigilante that the police were after a year ago."

I stopped myself from letting out a gasp because of Asui's question. The vigilante that she referred to was my very own father, Gilgamesh. When he was destroying entire crime syndicates and villain organizations for targeting my mother or simply incurring his wrath, the only clues he left to the police were slash wounds from his victims and the fading golden dust from our weapons going back to the treasury.

"Is that so? I suppose they're quite comparable to each other..." I replied, trying not to give anything away. For all I know, Asui might be an expert in cold reading.

"Wait up, Tsuyu-chan, we've never even seen that vigilante in action before or even seen him... or her," Kirishima interjected.

"That vigilante disappeared a few months ago, right? Police and heroes never even found them. What was their name again? Uh, Dust Arsenal, right?" Kaminari informed our classmates.

"What a horrendously dumb vigilante name for him, of all people," Stacy whispered.

"I concur."

"That sort of emitter-type Quirk is awesome, though! There's a lot you can do with your weapons and stuff!" Kirishima raised his right hand and used his Quirk, hardening it. "Not like my Hardening. I'm good in a fight, but it's real boring."

"Whether or not your Quirk is flashy, it doesn't matter too much. As long as you fulfill your role as a hero and protect the populace with vigor, that will be enough," I said while sipping a cup of coffee.

The vermillion-haired boy showed an appreciative smile. "Yeah, I guess you're right, Izuku, but the hero world has a lot to do with popularity... By the way, where'd you get that cup of coffee? Isn't that a Starbucks?"

"Who knows?" I shrugged his question off as I took another sip of my coffee while the others continued talking. As I finished doing so, I passed it on to Stacy.

   (Thanks, love.)
"Gracias, corazón... Mo-chan worked me to the bone last night, so I woke up feeling dangerous," Stacy said quietly, taking a sip of the piping hot coffee.

I lightly chuckled as I patted her head, the golden hair stick she wore glimmering faintly in the sun. "I know. You made that abundantly clear last night."

"If we're talking the double whammy of flashy and strong, you can't not mention Fujiwara-san, the Todoroki, and Bakugo twins!" 

Katsuki merely gave Kirishima a slight glance before looking back out the window as he did a small "Tch."

"But Katsuki-chan is so unhinged. He'd never be popular."

The angry pomeranian in question abruptly stood up and gripped the railing in front of him. "WHAT'D YOU SAY, FROG-FACE?!"