My Roommate's a Whore, But... I Think I Can Live With It.. [3]

"Knock knock!" Riley said as she let herself in. I peered over her shoulder and saw a small sedan packed tightly with moving boxes. She carried a large duffel bag and made her way to her new bedroom.

"Oh hey Riley! Come on in - oh wait, I guess you already did."

She laughed and handed me a box. "Can you help me with this? Thanks!"

She shoved it into my hands and I accidentally dropped it, causing the bottom of the box to give out. She didn't notice as I dropped down to my knees, flipped the box over, and picked up the clothes that had spilled out. I raised my eyebrows when I noticed that the contents of the box was strictly lingerie. However, I just shook my head and I continued to pick it all up and carried the box upside-down to her room.

She was only here for five minutes, and already had customized her room to her liking. The bed was stripped of its sheets and had new ones put on, all her important accessories with already laid out on the dresser, and she was putting up some hooks on the wall for her purses when I walked in.

"Geez, could you take long enough?" she asked sarcastically. "Can you go get my other suitcase for me? If you can do it before it gets dark out."

I turned and walked out. Well then, someone's a little pissy today. I shrugged and turned to retrieve her bag from the outside hallway.

"SURPRISE!" my friends called out.

"Oh my God.. You guys are going to be the death of me," I said, walking inside. The group followed me in and shut the door.

"So where's the new roommate?" my good friend, Bree, asked, showing off a bottle of champagne.

"Yeah, is she here?" Tyler added, popping up over Bree's shoulder.

"Yup, she's unloading her stuff in the other bedroom, but you guys should leave her -"

"Let's go!" Wally interrupted, and they all flocked to Riley's new room.

"- Alone." I sighed and brought her last suitcase into the room. My friends were all introducing themselves and peering around as if they had never seen the spare bedroom before, and Riley began to look annoyed. I didn't blame her. Trying to get your room set up is not a public event. Wally offered his assistance, but she brushed him off, causing him to frown.

"Alright guys, come on, you got to meet her, now leave her to unpack," I said, pushing them out the door. I mouthed "sorry" to Riley and she just shrugged and turned her attention back to her luggage.

"She's sexy" was the first thing that came out of Tyler's mouth. Bree and I both glared at him, and Wally chuckled. We both then snapped our heads towards Wally, giving him a look of disapproval to him as well.

"What?" Wally asked, throwing up his hands in defense. "I never said I agreed."

"Good," I mumbled under my breath, but Bree must've heard because she nudged me suggestively. While the guys went to an in-depth conversation about last night's football game, Bree started to whisper to me.

"Okay, so when are y'all gonna make it official? I mean, seriously."

"What?" I asked, confused.

She rolled her eyes. "You know." When she saw the puzzled look on my face, she continued. "You and Wally."

I was a little taken aback at her statement. "Me and him? Come on, we're just -"

"Yeah, I know that you're just friends. You guys have been 'just friends' since high school but it's so obvious you like each other more than that, and you know it. So what are you waiting for?"