Floating In A Blue Lagoon

Breakfast was louder than usual that morning. From his room, Carlos couldn't make out any of the things that were being said, but the faint hum of general, loud conversation had been coming from the kitchen for at least 30 minutes. A screech that sounded like it was probably from Nini broke through the hum momentarily and Carlos elected to press a pillow over his face at the noise. 7:30 was far too early for screaming, or conversation or being awake during summer.

Carlos had to hand it to himself, he had been doing better the past few days, the arrival of Seb had given him a reason to get up early, Seb was new and interesting and Carlos loved hanging out with him, however it was becoming a tossup for Carlos on weather he loved hanging out with Seb or sleeping in more.

As if on queue, a gentle knock sounded on the door. Carlos let out a muffled groan from under the pillow, not bothering to move but noting the sound of the door opening.

Carlos pressed the pillow further into his face, squeezing his eyes shut as he waited for Gina or EJ or whoever else to start berating him for being the last in bed, but no sound happened, the door gently shut and the sound of shuffling feet broke through the relative quiet of the room, but no one said a word.

Frowning slightly, Carlos pushed the pillow from his face, turning to face whoever the person was to find Seb hanging awkwardly by the door, the blonde just gave an awkward smile and waved, blushing slightly.

"Hi" Carlos choked out eventually, half wishing he wasn't wearing High School Musical pyjamas, Seb was also in their pyjamas which wasn't odd for either of them as no one in the house generally bothered to get dressed before lunchtime, but suddenly Carlos felt like it mattered more than it had before.

Seb just smiled and sheepishly pointed towards the door, where muted sounds of breakfast were still coming from.

Carlos flushed slightly, attempting to use his blanket to cover the HSM logo on his shirt, nodding, "yeah, I'll be down in two seconds" he promised

Seb just nodded again, gesturing towards the door again before shuffling back out of the room.

Once he was confident that Seb was comfortably out of earshot, Carlos pressed his face back into his pillow, letting out a muffled scream.

He wasn't entirely sure what had changed between him and Seb, but everything suddenly felt different, the blonde had been somewhat shy and nervous before, but since Carlos had taught him to waltz the day before, he had been something of a blushing mess, and Carlos couldn't say he blamed them.

He liked to think he was keeping a stronger handle on it, but everytime Seb was around Carlos felt a strange jolt in his stomach that felt worryingly close to butterflies, looking back on the time he had spent with Seb, Carlos wasn't even sure if it was a new feeling, he had always found Seb attractive, though he cringed at the memory if blurting that fact out to the blonde during one of the first conversations they had ever had, but finding someone attractive wasn't the same as having feelings for them.

Despite knowing that, Carlos couldn't help but imagine what it would be like to hold hands with the blonde, or picture brushing his hair out of their face like people did in those romance movies he had always hated, or wonder what it would be like to kiss him.

Carlos let out another muffled scream into the pillow before finally kicking his duvet away to find something more presentable to wear to breakfast, ignoring the fact that if Seb wasn't there he wouldn't have cared about the group seeing his High School Musical pyjamas, because it was absolutely and perfectly rational to think about kissing your friends. Carlos didn't do crushes, especially not on people he'd met four days ago. Even if he was 90% sure it was reciprocated.