Chapter Four.

A week later.

Zahir And Sameera's Engagement.

Hayat's Pov.

After a week's preparation for Sameera's engagement. The day is finally here.

Alhamdullilah.

At least my father allowed me to be there for my best friend. He knew how much she meant to me and how much I wanted her in my life.

"No, no, no am not wearing that dress. It is backless, Sameera plus there will be guys here. I can't I am sorry", I tell her as she showed me a dress that didn't even look like a dress to me.

"She is right, Sameera", her mother tells her. "Plus she is unmarried and men will ogle at her. Which isn't good", she added.

"Fine, I know a perfect dress for you to wear", she says putting the dress away and walking into her closet to get the dress. "This is perfect for you", she added coming with a dress in her arms.

Sameera is the kind of friend who will insist on going shopping only to give me half of the clothes she bought.

I love her but I pray that Zahir will be able to handle her.

"Sam, you didn't have to get me a dress...."

I couldn't even finish what I was saying when she glared at me making me keep quiet.

"Say thank you, Hayat before anything happens", she tells me walking towards me, not walking but more like a hunter who has targeted their prey.

"Thank you, Sameera", I quickly tell her and dash to hide behind Aunt Hasna.

"Sameera stop this. I pray that Zahir will be able to know what to do with you", her mother tells her shutting her up.

I laugh at her but I know that she will not let me go until she gets what she wants.

Aayan's Pov

Today is my best friend's engagement but sadly I won't be able to attend because of my son who is sick. I don't want to leave him with the maids, I want to take care of him myself.

"Mr. Muhsin, Azaan will be fine. It is just an infection that's it. It will be cleared by the end of the week. In shaa Allah", the doctor explained to me how kids of Azaan's age get sick due to them touching everything they see.

"Thank you, doctor. I will get the medicines", I tell him as we walk out of Azaan's room.

"If he doesn't take his medicines, try to crash them and put them in water. That should help", he says.

"Thank you again", I shook his hand and then walked him out of the door.

I took my phone and called Zahir to let him know that I wouldn't be able to attend his engagement.

"Asalam Aleikum Zahir. How are you, brother?", I tell him.

"Waleikum salaam. Just finished the last preparation that I need for tonight. Are you coming or should I pick you up from your house?", he asked me.

I didn't want to disappoint but Azaan is my priority now.

"Actually, brother. I called to tell you that Azaan is sick and I don't like leaving him alone. I already called the doctor, he said it's just a minor infection, Alhamdullilah. I am sorry brother...."

"Stop, don't apologize, Aayan. Just take of Azaan. Don't worry I will explain to Sameera about it. Call me if you need anything. Besides, this is just a formality. You will be there at my wedding with Azaan. Just take care of him and don't worry about anything else", he interrupted me.

Zahir is my best friend and brother all in one. He is someone I can count on no matter what.

"Okay, Zahir. You can count on me in anything. Salaams to all. I will see you soon", I tell him.

"Okay, bye. Take care of the prince", he says hanging up.

Sometimes I wish she was here but she isn't.

Zainab.

Azaan's mother and my late wife. She died when Azaan was just three, or four years old.

I walked up to my son's room. I walked in finding him sleeping in his bed. He is my real to live in this world without her.

I kissed his forehead and walked out of the room and walked into mine.

Changes are coming and I can feel them. The only question is will I ever be ready for them?