Chapter 13: Peahen

"What's the problem, Jie?"
Yibo asked on their way home after going to the supermarket with Yanli. It was a Sunday.
Yibo noticed Yanli was so quiet despite her talkative nature and also that she was spacing out.

"Mn? Nothing much, Yibo. I'm worried about Zhan. It looks like he is suffering from something. But it seems he doesn't want to talk about that. He is not a kid, so I hope whatever the matter is, he will resolve it quickly." Yanli look so concerned.

"Mmm.. Maybe he is just like you Jie. You don't tell your family about your problems and pains. You only said it to me. It seems like you and he are both doing the same. Don't worry. Just like you solve your problems on your own, he will do that too. Give him some time. He will be okay. Just like you said, he is not a kid." Yibo tried to console her.

"I hope so. I'm relieved that he's doing his work neatly and without neglecting it, even though he's having difficulties. He is always like that. If he wants to do something badly, he will do it no matter what happens. Therefore, I don't need to worry about his work." Yanli said proudly.

"When will the opening ceremony of his studio take place."

"Probably within the next two weeks. Cuz I need to return to work quickly. We didn't fixed a date yet. But we will soon."

******

"Are you two not going home today?"
Kuan asked as he saw Yibo and Ziyi almost burying their faces in the laptop. They were busy preparing a report that their boss requested suddenly.

"We won't be able to go home now. He asked us to finish this report as soon as possible and have it ready by tomorrow morning." Ziyi replied while typing on the laptop.

"Ok then I'll go. Try to finish it at least by 7."
Kuan said that because everyone in the office is off between the hours of 6 and 7. But no matter how hard Yibo and Ziyi tried, they couldn't even finish the first quarter of the report by 7.

Yibo is not working in a very large company. The company employs approximately 400 people, the majority of whom are production workers. There were only about 30 people in the office staff. The ground floor of the three-story building was reserved for production and the second floor for office space and the third floor for the CEO office. Today, however, fortune is not on their side. Only Yibo and Ziyi remained in the office after everyone else had left around 7. Only a few production workers who were working overtime remained on the ground floor. So Yibo and Ziyi both thought that it was not a good idea to being alone in the office because they didn't want to hear rumors about a boy and a girl being alone in the office until late. Yibo and Ziyi were always together at the office and now only Yibo and Ziyi are there. Kuan also not with them right now, making it easier to spread such rumors. Everyone in the office knows that the people in production are very good at spreading such rumors without hesitation. So Yibo thought for a minute and talked to Ziyi.

"We can't finish this from here. Let's go to my place. I can't go to your place since it is a girls' hostel. I'll call Jie and Aunty Xiao to ask permission. Jie said to call her after I'm done. She'll come to pick us up. After work is done, I'll ask Uncle Lan to drop you off at your place." Ziyi nodded without hesitating as she knows about the situation.

Yibo called Yanli and explained the situation, as he couldn't take a girl to their home without first informing them. Yanli and Mrs.Xiao said it was okay and Yanli came to pick them up. Yibo and Ziyi arrived home with Yanli and that's when Yibo saw Zhan's friends were there at home.

Yanli, Yibo, and Ziyi all entered the house together. That's when Yibo saw Zhan was sitting on the sofa but what caught Yibo's attention was the girl sitting next to Zhan was clinging to his body.