006. imessage & narrative.

KALI,hey

KALI,
hey.

MATTYB ,
what's up kal ? u
okay ?

KALI,
i'm really not sure.

KALI,
are you busy rn?

MATTYB ,
i was just gonna get
some food with chris,
but i can cancel.

KALI,
no don't do that, i'll
talk to u another time.

MATTYB ,
don't do that, kal.
i can come over, it's
no issue.

MATTYB ,
or did u wanna come
over ? it's just my
brothers home.

KALI,
come over ? please.

KALI,
only if u can.

MATTYB ,
of course, kali. gimme
like twenty mins & i'll
be there.

chris was caught in confusion at the sight of his brother grabbing the keys to the van. "what, we leaving now?" he asked his older brother.

"nah, i'm heading over to kali's real quick. "order something?" matt shakes his head.

chris furrows his eyebrows as he flipped his snapback around his fluffy hair. "she alright?"

"not sure," matt replies. "i'll be back in a few hours though. tell nick." chris nodded his head and watch his brother leave through the front door.

it had taken him exactly fifteen minute to reach kali's fromt steps. with a ring of the doorbell, the boy was met with a familiar face in five seconds.

"zoe, hey—" matt is taken aback by the sudden remembrance of how similar the woods sisters looked. matt swore he was looking at an older kali.

"hey, matt!" the twenty one year old greeted brightly. "are you here for kali?"

"yeah, she invited me over, if that's okay."

zoe nodded her head and moved to the side to let him inside. "she's up the stairs. last door to your right."

"thanks," matt smiled and followed the directions. when he made it up the stairs, he walked to the end of the hall and found a door slightly cracked open.

matt placed a soft knock on the hard wood. "kal? you in here?" the boy took a soft come in as a sign to walk inside. in the room, he found kali unpacking the rest of her belongings.

"finally unpacking?"

kali laughed lightly and nodded her head. "think my sister was getting tired of me sleeping with my folded clothes on the bed."

matt chuckled as he took a seat in her bean bag. "what's up, kal? you okay?"

the girl sighed and looked down at the shirt in her hand. "i don't know. i keep thinking," she admits.

"about?"

"well for one, i'm getting a bunch of shit for kissing your brother in the video last week." kali replied.

matt furrowed his eyebrows. "wait, really? i haven't checked the comments since we posted it—"

"it's fine, matty, i could give less than a shit about what people say about me," kali waved him off. "but ever since i've been back i've just been...unsure of myself."

"yourself or the kiss?" matt questioned curiously.

the one thing kali could count on when talking to matt? it was him being her literal therapist.

"okay, mr. PHD," kali playfully rolled her eyes. "but both, i guess. the comments on the video just had me thinking."

"about?"

kali laughed and threw her stuffed animal at her best friend. "bitch, would you let me finish?"

"okay okay, i'm sorry," matt chuckled as he caught the plushie. "keep going."

"don't hate me," kali pointed. "but i kind of...liked the kiss with your brother."

matt's eyes widened. "you did?" kali nods in response. "kal, nick and i thought you, like, hated him."

kali rolls her eyes dramatically. "i don't hate him. i'm just not as close with him as i am with you two. i don't know, every time him and i are alone it's always just so awkward. like he'll say something to me and it'd be so hard for me to say something rude to him."

matt furrowed his eyebrows. "that's weird, because you usually always have a comeback for something."

"exactly!" kali agreed. "like i'm always quick. when you or nick talk to me i'll call you a bitch ASAP but when your brother talks to me i turn into a statu— boy i don't even know why the hell i'm telling you all this."

matt chuckled as he shook his head. "you're fine, kali."

"i know i am," the girl rolled her eyes.

"see! just talk to chris like how you talk to me and nick," the boy suggested. "he looks just like us, shouldn't be so hard."

"actually, i told him nick looks nothing like you both but you two look like each other and you look like nick." kali smiled. matt stared at his best friend, furrowing his eyebrows as he tried to process everything she just said. "forget it," she rolled her eyes.

matt sits up in his seat. "look, you're just overthinking it. trust me when i say that chris doesn't have a single active braincell in his head ninety-nine percent of the time."

kali couldn't help but laugh. "you know what matty, maybe you're right."

"i always am." the girl now rolls her eyes at matt's snarky response. "i never got to ask you. what happened in new york?"

kali let out a breath as she threw herself on her bed. "a load of shit that isn't even worth explaining right now."