Walls

"Brianna, what if I never find him? What if I grow to be one of those old ladies with cats that don't even like her?" I fiddled with the ring resting on my slim middle finger.

"Relax Zana. You're beautiful," she gave me a reassuring smile before continuing. "Guys all around town are always knocking on your door. Soon enough Prince Charming will come riding to take you away to a magical castle," she laughed, pulling her hands above her head to indicate a crown.

"But what if?" I could feel the worry etching into my forehead. Sure there were guys, but those guys just weren't the one. I could feel it. There was never that spark that they talked about in the movies.

"It's alright." She could tell how nervous I was. "We're going to Adam's party so there's sure to be tons of hot guys." She winked. "And you look hot so they should be no problem." She glanced my way, hoping she calmed me down a bit.

My head turned to face out the darkly tinted windows of my friend's car. I have been waiting my entire life for this guy. I softly bit my lip, hoping to ease the bubbling in my stomach. Could he at least speed up the process a bit? I don't think I could wait any longer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It felt like my head was going to explode into millions of pieces. This music is way too loud! The bass was constantly drumming in my ears, making me half deaf. I'm surprised no on has complained to the cops yet. This was ridiculous!

I struggled to walk on my heels over to the drinking area. People constantly pushed me out of their way or pulled me in for a dance. Couldn't they see I just wanted to get myself a drink? Jesus. With an annoyed look painted on my face, I poured myself a coke. Tonight just wasn't my night to get completely wasted. Not in the mood. I unscrewed the small cap and began to pour. I began to feel a weird presence; like someone was staring intently at me. I uncomfortably continued to fill the plastic red cup to the rim. I quickly turned around to see what was bothering me so much.

My eyes scanned the poorly lit room until they fell onto the most magnificent pair of blue ones. They instantly flickered in the other direction. I stared in awe at the masterpiece of a man standing a few feet away. He was standing in the far corner, talking amongst friends. He had blonde hair, but his brown roots were softly poking through. He wore a simple white v-neck and black skinny jeans. I silently watched him as he conversed, my eyes never leaving him. The curves of his mouth flew up into a smirk and I felt weak to the knees. Corny I know, but I swear it happened....... just like in the movies. I regained my posture and knew in that moment, that he was the one I've been waiting for.

"Zana! Hello? Are you there?!"

I quickly shot out of the unknown trance I was in.

"Huh? Oh um y-yeah," I stuttered.

Brianna was standing beside me, waving her arms frantically in the hot stuffy air. Her long curly hair was everywhere. Her tight dress clung to her from the amount of sweat she was producing. She smelt like a gym. Yep, she was beyond drunk.

"Whateryou doin?" she violently slurred her words and awaited an answer.

"Brianna I know you're drunk and everything, but I think I found him." I glanced towards the mysterious teenager in the corner.

It seemed as if she sobered up in seconds.once she laid eyes on him.

"What? No Zana. No just no."

I stared at her in complete disbelief. She's been with me my entire life, knowing how much I wanted and waited for love and now that I actually have a chance, she rejects the idea?

"What are you talking about Bri? Did you hear me properly or are you deaf? I said I might've found the guy?" I stated, not wanting to believe where she was going with this.

"Zana, that's Niall. You can't. He doesn't open up to anybody! You can ask Natali. She tried talking to him last summer and she said he paid no attention to her at all.... I just think it's a bad idea Z."

My vision switched between Brianna and Niall. No this isn't happening. I had to have Niall. He's the first boy to actually make me go weak to the knees. No one else has ever been.able to do that. I stood completely dumbfounded towards my situation.

"Zana, do you understand what I'm trying to say? He's gonna break your heart in the end." She stared at me intently, her eyes boring holes in the side of my face. "It's not worth it."

I slowly nodded my head in understanding. She was right. Niall was walking trouble. He just wasn't meant for me. I heaved out a sigh of frustration.

Zana gave me a reassuring pat on the back before taking my hand and pulling me out to the dance floor.

"Come on! Letzgodance!"

Drunk Brianna had come back to Earth. Great. I weakly tugged the corners of my lips upwards, in hopes to get her to leave me be, but she continued to drag me along to the sweaty, drunk teenagers in the middle of the room.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I honestly really did try to forget about Niall, but the thought of him kept bringing me back. I felt this strong urge to have him in my arms. To hold him. I just had to have him. 

"Brianna, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. I'll be right back." I tried to smile convincingly so she wouldn't be too suspicious.

Lucky for me, she was too drunk to notice anything. I swiftly walked away from her, towards the small bathroom in the hallway. I needed to clear my head. I needed to get Niall off my mind. I continued to carefully push my way through the sweaty teenagers, grinding on the dance floor... well the closest thing to a dance floor in this house; the living room carpet. I guess I wasn't careful enough. I tripped over some assholes foot.

I felt my knees collapse under me as I began to fall. My hands instinctively flew up to guard my face on any oncoming damage. The thing is... I never reached the ground. Two strong arms gripped around my waist, keeping me from falling flat on my butt. I quickly turned my head to thank my savior, but was captivated by his eyes. Niall's eyes. 

"I- uhm......." I stuttered my words, trying to thank him.

He instantly put me back on my feet and start to walk away, leaving me speechless and confused.

"Hey wait!" I yelled, grabbing his arm and pulling him back. I quickly let go as a crazed look painted his face. 

"Uhm... thanks." My eyes travelled to the ground, not being able to take his intense stare.

"Yeah. I'm gonna leave now." He continued to walk away towards the door, but I wouldn't give up that easily. 

"Oh lemme walk you out!" I skipped up next to him as he pushed his way through.

"No I'm fine." 

"It's just a door. C'mon." I tried to sound convincingly.

"I said no!"

The raise in his voice made me jump back.

Niall's POV 

I saw the worry and hurt cloud her face. Fuck. I decided to just leave her be. I continued to walk out of the house, but I couldn't get the look on her face, off my mind. I'm going to regret this.

"Look I'm sorry. Let me make it up to you. Meet me at the pier tomorrow at 5." I gave her a reassuring smile and left.

I jumped into my car and made my way home. Fuck fuck fuck. This was not suppose to be happening. Niall Horan does not date. I tried to convonce myself that this was not a date. It was simply a make up thing. 

Zana's POV 

Niall left me in that hot, sweaty room, contemplating whether I should believe him or not.