Mormon Stereotypes

***so this was originally an English assignment, but I figured I would post it on here, see what ppl thought..so positive, negative any kind of comments/thoughts are apreciated! feedback wanted and encouraged :P***

Alright, so I am doing my rant on The Church of Jesus Christ of latter day Saints. Or, more commonly known as theMormons. There are so many stereotypes for this religion, that I thought it would be great to find out more about what people think about us Mormons. Yes, I am a Mormon. First of all, the most common thing I hear is that we are polygamists. I had someone one time ask me how many moms I had. I said one, and then they smartly replied with oh, sorry how many wives does your dad have? I will reply with saying one! Okay, so honestly do you really expect me to say yes, I have 20 moms, and my genes are all split between them. Oh, and the reason why you only see one of my moms is because the rest of them are lined up, hiding in the basement! As my dad says, one wife is hard enough let alone twenty. Next, when people talk about what we Mormons can do in our free time, and for entertainment. Alright, so apparently we cannot drink soda, or dance and we especially cannot wear anything above our ankles! What do these people think we are, Amish?! Oh wait, people do think that. Anyways, so we are not and we can wear skirts and short sleeves, and we can drink pepsi without being excommunicated. Dancing, well if we couldn’t dance then what do you think we do at the church dances we hold every month? I mean, seriously if you are going to make fun of someone, then at least get your facts straight! I would much rather you make fun of me, because you don’t agree with accurate rules of the church. Also, the other day my friend made it come to my attention, that on Discovery Channel, they did a special on Mormonism. So, apparently an Alien visited this man in a wood cabin and helped him make gold books! Alright, so again, they twisted what we believe into something completely ridiculous and so untrue! In the hit musical “The Book of Mormon”, it names so many common stereotypes and totally ridicules us. It is blasphemous and rude. They say that they are just jokingly making fun of all of the religions but really they have focused on mormons and have been confirming peoples untrue, stereotypical beliefs on mormons. People think that LDS and FLDS is the same. Well, they are sadly mistaken. LDS mean Latter-Day Saint, or more commonly known as a Mormon. FLDS is the knock-off of our religion, which means: Fundamentalist Latter-Day Saint. This is also more commonly known as the Polygamist. In the famous musical, it describes many setereotypes in the number “I believe” it talks about how when we die, we believe that we get our own planet, and if you don’t become a Mormon, then you will burn in hell! Ha! This is quite funny, because we believe in heaven and hell, just like everyone else. We do not believe that we will receive our own planet. Instead, we believe that we will return with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. There are so many more things that people around the world believe in, that is not true; and, will always, not matter what I say will believe what they want. They will just be stubborn and continue to bash on my religion. This is a topic that is close to my heart, and so I will just now simply say that if you have any questions about us, then go to mormon.org an official site that will show you what we truly believe.