Two

You sat down as you watched the girl read her book. Now, that you had a good look on the girl, you realised that she was really pretty...

Pretty annoying.

You huffed as you looked away from the girl before looking back at her to see her staring at you too.

You watched as the girl's eyes lit up as if she remembered something.

"Wait, I've heard about you" The girl starts nervously. "You're Y/n L/n, the one who has no soulmate."

"Correct."

"I heard you tried to cut someone's string off because you were jealous."

"I see that the rumours are still spreading in town."

"Wait so you're not insane?"

You rolled your eyes. "Obviously I'm not insane. I'm Y/n."

"Haha very funny."

"I know." You agreed, nodding. "Who are you anyway?"

"Im Nayeon. I'm staying here for summer."

"Figures, I've never seen your face here before."

"I'm sorry if I'm overstepping, but what's it like?" Nayeon shyly asks. "What's it like not having a string?"

"I'm not answering that."

"I just don't understand," she continues. "How is it possible to not have a soulmate? I couldn't imagine a life without my soulmate tugging on my string to let me know they're still alive."

"I have no idea." You shrugged, not really wanting to go deeper in this conversation. "Have you met yours?"

"Not yet... But I'm sure they're out there." Nayeon says, a slight red tint covering her cheeks.

"Good for you."

"Oh I'm sorry, does it seem like I'm teasing you?"

"I'm used to it"

"I don’t want it to seem like that, just I find comfort knowing that while I may be lonely now, I have someone out there"

You looked at the horizon, watching the waves. "Sometimes I just wish that one day I would wake up and my string would be there." You confessed, Nayeon's presence made you feel at ease. Something about her made you feel... normal.

"You seem nice. You're nothing like the Y/n I heard about." Nayeon smiles.

You turned to her, offering a small smile.

"Let's be friends, I mean, I don't really have friends right now and you might want company, so... let's be friends..." Nayeon trails off, unsure if she approached the idea to you correctly.

"Sure." You agreed, feeling happy. Nayeon was the first ever person to treat you like you weren't a freak, she treated you like a person.

"Let's be friends." You finally said, feeling a tug on your heart. You didn't know what it was about but you liked it.