First step

The first-year students of Beacon Acadamy gather at Beacon cliff to begin the initiation.  

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: What? Ohhh...

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

Ruby: (groaning)

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Ruby: Whaaaat?!

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die.

Jaune laughs nervously and then gulps loudly.

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Jaune: *raising his hand* Yeah, um, sir?

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Everyone strikes a pose on their tile. Nora crouches low, Ren wields his weapons, Yang raises her fists, Ruby readies her body, and Jaune is still raising his hand.

Jaune: Uh, sir. I got uh question. So this landing strategy thing, uh what is it? Are you like dropping us off or something?

Ozpin: No, you will be falling.

Jaune: Oh, I see. So did you hand out parachutes for everyone?

Nora is launched as she says Weeeeee.

Ozpin: No, you will be using your own landing strategy.

Jaune: Uh-huh, so what is exactly a landing strategyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Jaune is launched into the air screaming.

Somewhere in the Emerald Forest

A portal opens up as a teenager wearing a red outfit falls to the ground, landing on his butt.

???: AAAAAAAHHHHHH, ow. Oh jeez, that smarts. And I thought the trip to New Vestroyah was rough.

???: To be fair, I didn't send us here. And need I remind you you are not the best at portals Dan.

Dan looks over to see his partner Bakugan Drago in ball form.

Dan: Yeah I guess your right pal, where are we anyway? This doesn't look like Neathia.

Drago: That's because it's not. Back on Neathia, I could feel the power of the sacred orb calling to us right before we ended up here.

Dan: Hold on, wasn't Dharak next to us when that light appeared?

Drago: If he was, then why isn't he here with us? For all, we know he could still be back on Neathia, or he could be somewhere else in this world.

Suddenly the two begin to hear gunfire and then see a girl in red kill a bird while she was falling.

Drago: Dan quick, throw me!

Dan grabs Drago but hesitates to throw him as he sees the girl use a massive scythe as a gun to slow down her fall.

Drago: Dan?

Dan: I think that girl is ok Drago.

Drago: Even so we need to find out where we are. So maybe finding that girl can help us understand what's going on.

Dan: Right, good point.

After ten minutes of walking through the forest, Dan and Drago end up at a cliff looking out towards an old castle-like structure.

Dan: Ok, I admit it, we're lost.

Drago: Maybe if I was out of ball form, we could've gotten a better lay of the land.

Dan: Yeah I gue-

Drago: DAN GET DOWN!

Dan gets down to the ground as a massive nevermore flies over them.

Dan: Whoa that was close.

Drago: Dan, look down there.

Dan notices the girl in the red cloak from before as three others all start shooting at the nevermore but to no avail as the Grimm slams itself into the castle. The four girls make it back to what was left of the castle as the nevermore begins to circle back.

Drago: Dan look. There's another one coming.

Dan notices another nevermore heading towards the girls.

Dan: Let's help them out pal.

Drago: Leave it to me, Dan.

Drago closes into a ball as Dan grabs him.

Dan: Bakugan Brawl! Bakugan stand.

___

Weiss: None of this is working.

Ruby then looks to Yang and Blake.

Ruby: I have a plan. Cover me.

Weiss acknowledges her and starts shooting ice crystals at the nevermore. After Ruby explained her plan to Yang and Blake they both set up a slingshot using Blake's Gambol Shroud and Weiss used her Glyph to hold Ruby in place but she saw the second nevermore heading straight for Ruby.

Weiss: RUBY LOOK OUT! 

Ruby turned to see the nevermore's claws about to grab her but just before it grabbed her, she sees a large red dragon slam against the Grimm into the wall of the cliff.

Ruby: What the...

Weiss: Ruby quick, the other one is getting loose.

Ruby: Right.

Ruby sets herself up on the slingshot.

Weiss: Of course, this was your idea.

Ruby: Think you can make the shot?

Weiss: Hmph, can't I?

Ruby: (Confused) Can you?

Weiss: Of course, I can.

Ruby is then launched towards the first nevermore as she uses her Crescent Rose to drag it by its neck up to the cliff decapitating it. As the first nevermore falls she sees the second one kick the dragon in the face to escape but it turns around to attack again. Ruby sees the dragon move his arms up into a defensive stance but readies his tail to strike. Ruby fires Crescent Rose at the nevermore's head knocking it off course as Drago slams his tail into the nevermore into the wall once again, this time killing the Grimm. Drago then flies up to Ruby and holds out his hand to help her down. Ruby is confused at first but when she looks at his eyes, she steps onto his hand as he flies her down to the others. Drago then flies back to Dan and turns into a ball.

Ruby: Thank you!