Chapter 35: Olive Branch

Okay this chapter was not at all how I wanted it to go, but hope you guys like!

Want to motivate me to update faster? Leave a nice thing to say.

.

.

.

The next morning, Mom gave me an annoyingly knowing look as I came late to breakfast. For no reason but myself, I put on a full face of makeup and a cute pink track suit. Mom had to call me two times saying that they were going to go ahead and eat breakfast without me.

They being Mom, Erico and our special guest Callum, who was invited to eat breakfast again. When Grand Lobby has a full service of food like the whole day. And their food is prepared by chefs. Better than Mom's cooking, usually.

I breezed passed everyone at the dining table, saying my good morning.

"Someone woke up on the right side of bed today," Mom commented as I sat across from her, next to Erico. Erico was on clean up duty, and started to pick up everyone's dishes. Callum offered to help my little brother, but Erico shook his head. All the while grumbling doing the dishes because he hated it.

Callum's presence was a like a ball of energy I couldn't look away from. He only gave me a nod as my good morning response. Not even bothering to look at me. Which grated some nerves.

"Today's going to be a busy day," I responded, grabbing the bowl of strawberries the first thing. 

"Before you got here, Callum and I had an interesting discussion about your magic and memories. Something is blocking it, but you have no jewelry on. Callum mentioned how last time he got them out was by touching you and two silver bracelets appeared." Mom surveyed me again, looking a little troubled. "This is very plausible since your magic isn't working. When I was about your age, you know that my memory and magic being gone because of some type of enhancement from the necklace I've worn."

Mom and Dad's relationship blossomed naturally, but her scent and the mate bond was masked from my dad because of this emerald necklace that the evil witch Helda gave her. Mom thought it was a gift of something or that it would protect her. 

"Your silver bracelets last time were invisible until I touched them. I think my magic activated something within them," Callum explained, finally looking over at me.  Under his scrutiny, I straightened a little more. Feeling more self-conscious. Hoping my mascara didn't smudge.

"You think they're on my wrists right now?" I asked.

Mom nodded, "Pull out your hand and let's see. Worth a shot at least."

Mom encouraged me to pull out my hands. 

Mom nodded, urging me to pull out my hands so he could inspect them. Again, that embarrassing feeling especially since Mom was right there.

I lifted both my hands up, towards him. Callum softly touched one of my wrists. I tried to hide my involuntarily shiver at his touch. Briefly, he glanced at me before he put a bit of pressure on both of my wrists.

Nothing.

"Where could it be," he murmured to himself, as he looked over at me, releasing my wrists. 

"Something does have to be blocking it,"  Mom agreed. She tilted her head to her side, inspecting me.

Feeling like a complete lab rat, I got up. "I've got a ton of work to do!"