Chapter Seven

Madeleine walked into the candy store, nervous. He'd donned a disguise, this time, so people wouldn't recognize him. (Which was a good move on his part, he noticed a few people reading the Couge magazine he was just featured in...)

He walked over to the chocolates, remembering Latte said to buy dark. Ah.... He thought, is buying them in a heart shape too much..? "This is so complicated..." He muttered to himself.

He decided to just go for it, picking up the heart-shaped container and heading over to the cashier. He paid quickly, and drove home. Tomorrow was going to be terrifying, he knew. Madeleine just hoped Latte was right.

—-----

Espresso woke up earlier than usual that morning, deciding to just stay up. He wouldn't be able to get back to sleep again, anyways. (He just hoped Latte wouldn't get TOO mad at him for abandoning his sleep.)

He got dressed and left, waking Latte so she wasn't late for school. Exiting the apartment building, he found himself wishing he had a heavier coat. The December weather wasn't any friendlier than it was a few weeks ago. Espresso shivers, quickening his pace.

When Espresso got to the cafe, he was surprised to see a certain model friend of his outside the door. "Madeleine...?" The person mentioned looked towards Espresso, "What are you doing here so early?" He asked.

Espresso swore he saw Madeleine's face flush, but he decided it was because he was cold. He fumbled the keys out of his pocket and into his hands, unlocking the door. The two of them walked in, Madeleine sitting at the table nearest to the counter while Espresso got the place ready for the day.

Madeleine was strangely quiet, and it didn't go unnoticed by Espresso. Normally, he'd be chatting his ear off by now. Though he's had his hands behind his back this whole time, Espresso realizes. What could he be hiding...?

He prepares a Latte especially for Madeleine, making sure to add the extra foam. He's mastered the other's order by now, he thinks. Espresso walks over to give the drink to Madeleine, before sitting down next to him. Madeleine looks surprised, before regaining his composure. He still looked tense, but Espresso didn't really know what to do for that.

Espresso decided to just be blunt about it. "Who's that for..?" He asked, motioning towards whatever was behind Madeleine's back.

Madeleine looked surprised. "OH!! Um. I actually can't show you-" Wow, Madeleine, way to screw this up-, The model scolds himself.

The other is visibly confused, "...why...?" He gives Madeleine a puzzled look. (Which he thought was kinda cute- NONONO.)

Agh, how was he supposed to explain this..? He gave Espresso a stupid grin, too nervous to make any sound. "Latte isn't here... I can bring those to her if you'd like." Espresso stated, almost sounding sad.

Huh?

"What..?" It was Madeleine's turn to be confused now.

Espresso pointed to the box behind Madeleine. "That. It's a gift for my sister, correct..?"

Oh no. This was going wrong in the most awkward way possible.

"What-?! I- no! Though I will admit she is attractive, these are for you-!" Madeleine spoke before thinking, pulling out the box, pushing it toward Espresso.

Espresso was silent for a few seconds, (Which felt like an eternity to poor Madeleine,) before realizing what was happening. "...what..?" He looked up towards Madeleine, confused.

Madeleine wanted to slap himself, he'd really messed this one up, didn't he...? Latte was wrong, and Espresso was going to hate him and they were going to lose everything and god dammit, Madeleine, you really had to be stupid enough to hope-

He didn't realize he was crying until he felt a warm hand cupping his face, wiping his tears. Madeleine opened his eyes, seeing Espresso's smile. "Dumbass. Why are you crying..?"

Espresso sighed, "I... I like you too, okay..?" He looked away, face heating up. He tried pulling his hand away, but Madeleine rested his head on it.

His voice came out soft, "...really? You mean it..?" He melted into Espresso's touch.

"Of course I do, idiot. Why would I lie about that?" He answered.

Oh, oh! Madeleine grinned, jumped out of the chair, and grabbed Espresso's hand. He danced Espresso around the cafe, laughing. Eventually, he heard Espresso's laughter as well, and the two of them danced until their feet were tired. (Which was only five minutes, but...)

"So," Madeleine looked towards Espresso, who was now leaning on the counter. "..are we... y'know?"

Espresso blushed. He hadn't thought about that. "Do...do you want to be?" He asked.

"Yes!" Madeleine shouted, before lowering his voice, "But only if you want too, of course!!" He added.

Espresso laughed, "I don't think I'd dance around my cafe with someone I didn't like, Madeleine."

"Is that a yes?" Madeleine asked.

Espresso chuckled softly, "Yes, I suppose it is."

Madeleine cupped Espresso's face, kissing him softly, feeling Espresso melt into his touch.

This, Madeleine decided, was worth everything.