Sonic | Motivation

✎  ⌜ why have 10000 gallons of coffee when you have an amazing bf <3 ⌟ 

▁ no warnings 

▁ species: mobian <3

- 💙 -

your lips let out a sigh as you sat at your school desk with a cup of fresh-made coffee in the mug your boyfriend, sonic, got for you on your birthday a few days ago. the sunlight illumed the room you were in, which was your own you and sonic usually sleep in together. but most of the time it's just you in there when you want to just relax and focus on your schoolwork. 

today you were aiming to get at least 2 of your newly assigned assignments done by the end of this week, but once you had them out and your pencil with some notebooks beside it, you just stared at the blank piece of paper and slammed your forehead to the desk. 

you were not really doing well with working. after a couple of days, you were just unable to lift a pencil. the sound of the front door creaking open made you turn your head to the side where your temple is slammed to the table, and the color of a royal blue caught your eyes. with a soft smile you saw sonic walk in with a genuine smile on his face.

"soniiic...i'm tiired!" you complain, hunching over your desk like a child as sonic walked over to you and sat on the extra chair you've had in your room. "well i've got a glass of water; want me to wake you up?" he chuckled, but you just smiled. "can it be coffee? i got a mug right here..." you pick up the mug and were about to spill it all over your face, but sonic acted quick and snatched it out of your hand. 

"not unless you want your face burning!" he placed the mug back on the desk and you whined, trying to reach for it back, but he grabbed your wrist softly. sonic thought for a moment before smiling, walking behind you, and rubbed your sore back.

"how bout i make you a deal?" he smirked when he felt you relax when his fingers moved ever so slowly. "mhm..." you hummed in response, wanting him to tell his deal but to not stop rubbing your back.

"for the number of hours you sleep, that will be the number of kisses you'll receive from me..."

you rose your head up just a bit to look into his emerald green-colored eyes, which looked back to your own E/C eyes.

"you mean..." sonic nodded as you spoke, and a smile formed on your lips. "that sounds nice...but i only get like 4 hours of sleep..." when you replied, sonic turned you around in your chair and your eyes locked with his own, nose practically touching. "y/n....are you telling me that you only get 4 hours of sleep when teenagers mine and your age are supposed to get at least 8!"

seeing sonic's face, you yawned and nod slowly.

seeing your eyes open and close ever so often, sonic pecked your templed softly and you felt your bottom leave the hard chair and the arms of your boyfriend wrapped around your upper body and underlegs as you saw sonic make his way to your bed that was very-well made, heh, thanks, mom.

as you felt the comforters hit your tired, aching body. you tried to sit up once more, but a gloved hand gently pushed you back down.

"y/n...c'mon baby, you need sleep." sonic laughed a bit, seeing you squirm under him with a tired yawn escaping your lips.

"nooo!..." you complain softly, but it sounded more like a squeak. he managed to sit on top of you and place his head on your chest. "there..." he hummed. "now you have no other choice but to lay here and get some sleep." 

you didn't bother trying to push him away from you, seeing because he was so heavy. so you just did as he was told and closed your eyes slowly, still trying to keep them open, but sonic made that impossible now that he stroked your ear gently and ever so often leaned up to kiss the inside of it, that always left a ticklish sensation in your ear, that you couldn't help but smile.

__

the next morning came, and you felt the weight of your boyfriend disappear. with soft mummers, your eyes opened, blinding you from the sunlight that entered when someone opened the window. 

when you sat up, your feet hit the cold floor as you stood up to stand. you let out a yawn as your raised an arm in the air as you stretched. "ah baby, you're awake!" 

you smiled when you heard the voice of your boyfriend. he walked in with two cups of coffee. 

"that was the sleep i was needing for 5 days! thank you!" you took the mug that sonic had offered to you and smiled as he took a small sip. "you needed it. all that stress you've been having because of school? you don't deserve that! your the person who needs sleep more than anyone i've met."

"hmm.." you raised an eyebrow when you took of sonic's coffee. "you made this?"

"yeah...why?"

"nothing...it's just that it doesn't taste like the ones i've made..."

"that's because you haven't been making it right, baby..." sonic chuckled.

"what?"

"you've put salt...instead of sugar..."

"oh..."