New town, same me.

Chapter One

New town, same me

Three days I had been in this little town, it had been raining for two of those days and today, luckily, it was just a grey sky. It hadn’t started raining yet although we all know it will because this place sucks, really badly. Rain, dark skies and a tiny town is all Cleva Oxside has to offer, like I said it, completely, sucks.

I had nothing to do, yesterday was the last day unpacking and I done it all so quickly since I thought something fun would happen. Sighing, I opened my eyes looking around the room and running a hand through my dark hair listening to hear if anyone was up.

Four o’clock in the afternoon, of course they are up Briar. That smart ass voice, in my head, told me. Rolling my eyes, I sat up pulling myself out of my bed and grabbing a baggy jumper. My room is simple, a bed, drawers and a desk, the walls a plain light blue color.

I walked down the stairs, into the kitchen groaning as I pulled the jumper over my head and saw my Nana sitting there. She was sixty-four, however her short white hair was always styled to perfection and she was always wearing fancy clothes, like she was posh.

Brian, my twin, sat at the table with her along with my younger brother, Dylan, and my dad who smiled at me. I returned his smile making my way to the fridge ignoring Nana as she started to shadow over me.

Reaching out I grabbed the milk carton, raising it to my lips and taking a gulp before Nana slapped the back of my head making me cough while dropping the carton of milk to the floor making a mess. I looked at her with a frown while I rubbed the back of my head. “What the he--”

Nana slapped a hand over my mouth, my eyes widened and she gave me a stern look. “Don’t you cuss in front of me girl,” She said moving her hands to her making sure it was still perfect probably. “You can go to the store, here take my keys.”

She thrust the keys into my hand, rolling my eyes. “Hell is a place, not a curse word.” I muttered rushing up the stairs and finding a pair of skinny jeans. I yanked them on quickly before hopping down the stairs and shoving my feet into my shoes.

“Get more shampoo and conditioner don’t want you using my stuff any longer.” Her voice went right through me, at times, I made a stupid face as I grabbed the money from my purse and made my way towards her small bright yellow car.

I pulled up in front of the store, I looked down seeing an iPod and I picked up it, putting the headphones in. As I entered the store, I pressed play and my eyes widened before I blinked a few times shoving the iPod into my jumper.

“Like a circus, when I crack that whip everybody gonna trip. Just like a circus,” I sang to myself walking down the aisles looking for anything I wanted, I grabbed two cartons of milk and then found myself at the shampoos and conditioners. “I hope you came prepared, I run a tight ship so beware.”

I hadn’t realized someone was standing next to me, I looked up pulling the headphones out and acting like I couldn’t decide over which shampoo to buy. She moved away quickly, frowning to myself as I heard someone chuckle loudly. I glanced over my shoulder seeing the source of the laughter.

His blonde hair had tiny hints of brown through it, those blue eyes stared right back into mine and I turned my gaze back to the shampoo in my hand as he walked over. “You should get the mango and passion fruit, it smells better than that.” He informed me, taking the shampoo out of my hand and replacing it with the mango and passion fruit one.

“What are you, some kind of hair expert?” I replied my eyes taking in his features, his strong jaw bone and those cheek bones that weren’t too defined yet they were noticeable when standing close to him. “Or are you just gay?” I blurted out.

 My mind did not come with a filter, I had learned that the hard way and whenever I thought something, it was most likely I’d say it so I just stopped apologizing for my thoughts. It’s not like I mean to say them, it just happens all the time.

The blonde raised his eyes, smirking a little at me which I returned with a smirk of my own and he looked down at my short frame. “You’re very honest,” He said, picking up a bottle of the same shampoo I was holding, thanks to him, and he dumped it into his basket. “I have a younger sister, she likes that shampoo.”

I nodded, seemed like a reasonable answer and I put the shampoo into my own basket, looking over him again he looked my age, was that judging someone by the way they look? I pushed the stupid thought from my mind.

“Also, your singing was divine.” He smiled, walking away and leaving me staring at his back. I chuckled shaking my head as I walked the other way to the check-out.