Chapter 2

The streets of Dublin weren't deserted, but they weren't busy either. Drunk men were starting to leave the pubs and we're falling all over the place. I kept to myself, dodging people as I sped up. "Oh shit!" I heard exclaimed behind me and I turned around to see Ross lying on the floor behind me, with Pete, Evan and Josh stood over him laughing. "What the hell?" I asked, walking back to stand with them. "Ross fell over" Pete said laughing leaning on Josh. "Why are you following me?" I placed a hand on my hip and put my hand out to help Ross up. "Thanks" he told me pulling himself up. "We thought you might like some company, after what happened. Also we have a car." Ross pointed behind him at a black range rover. "Why are you guys walking behind me if the car was coming anyway?" I made a fair point and the boys all burst out laughing. "Wow, we are seriously stupid" Evan pointed out as we waited for the car to pull up beside us.

"After you!" Evan said to me opening the door for me. "Thank you!" I shot a sheepish smile at him and climbed in next to Ross. Pete and Josh had climbed into the two back seats and we were quickly moving along the late night traffic. Pete and Ross were constantly cracking jokes and the whole ride was spent with laughter filling the car. When we pulled up outside my uncles house, my mam came running out a panicked and worrisome look on her face.Evan opened the door again for me and as soon as I was out of the vehicle I was wrapped in my mams arms. She squeezed me tight and I winced because of the pain in my ribs. "Mam, can you let go. You're hurting me." She pulled back and gave me a sad smile, her eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry baby." She pushed ome hair behind my ear and grimaced at the blossoming bruises on my face. I stepped back from her to introduce her to the boys.

"Mam, this is Evan, Josh, Pete and Ross. Evan and Josh helped me earlier." I pointed at each boy in turn. "It's nice to meet you" Pete said, in his charming way. Mam wrapped each of the boys into a hug. I could hear her mumbling thank you to each of them. "Would you like to come in?" I asked once my mam had released the boys. "We need to go." Josh said. "We have a gig in Cork tomorrow and we want to get there tonight" Ross added. "I'll wait inside for you if you want to say goodbye" My mam rubbed my shoulder and retreated inside.

"Thank you so much" I told the boys standing in front of me. "I don't know what would have happened if you hadn't been there" I said quietly. "Give me your phone" Josh demanded holding out his hand. I pulled it out from my pocket and put it in his hand. It was passed down the line as the boys put their numbers in. After that, each one gave me a hug and got back into the car. The last one to get in was Josh. "If he ever tries to do any thing to you, just call me ok?" I nodded. "Thanks Josh" I wrapped my arms around me and hugged me for a really long time. "He is an asshole and you don't need him ok?" I looked at him and gave him a nod as he climbed into the car. I waved as the car pulled away before I walked back inside.

"Let's go to the hospital to get you checked up. Then we're going to the police" Mam said as soon as I walked in. "Mam, no I don't want to go. A doctor came to the venue. He said that I'm fine." I exclaimed. "Elle you could have internal injuries. And you can't just let him get away with it." She sat me down at the kitchen table. "I'm going to have to see him in school, mam. I can't get him in trouble. He could do something to me." I heard her sigh. "Okay baby, whatever you think is best." I was handed a cup of tea. "We'll stay here tonight ok?' I nodded and she gave me a hug.