Chapter One

It was a beautiful warm spring day, ideal to be spent in the amusement park. My cousin Erin, 16 years old, was accompanying me, 14 years old, and my younger brother Mike, 10 years old, to the park. My aunt Sandra would've had to come too, but unfortunately she caught a fever and had to stay at the hotel to recover.

Erin was clearly taking advantage of the lack of adult supervision to show her passion for Fast & Furious dressing style: huge sunglasses, plenty of burned metal on her body, a 2 sizes small flashy green shirt and extra low waist and extra tight jeans shorts severely ragged on the back. Compared to her, me and my brother passed completely unnoticed in our loose track pants and even-more-loose non-descriptive shirts.

We had just got in after the ticket check at the entrance, when we found ourselves into a new line.
"Those are the pee pee detectors, silly!" my cousin told me in a mocking tone. "Since last year, all kids that enter in the park have to pass through that, so to assign the appropriate kind of protection to the accident-prones."

I felt a sudden chill going down my spine: Lately, I've had some issues in avoiding the last drops from the pipe after using the toilet, so at the end of the day my pants often had little yellow stains in them and a distinctive smell of urine. And, guess what? This morning I was lazy and just decided to use again the same briefs... and it wasn't the first lazy morning too!

So, the security station was in front of us. Several young ladies, age from 20 to 30 dressed up in a green and yellow hostess uniform with Pampers logo on it, were doing a sort of pat down search with a manual scanner. It was impossible to bypass that checkpoint. To my dismay, I noticed that also teenagers were checked out and, in phew cases, asked to move into the "Nurses station" placed nearby. In a couple of minutes, I was going to be checked and likely to be lead to get my pair of teenager sized Pampers.

In front of me were boys and girls of all ages in the classical "hands away from body" position. Fast and efficient, the hostesses made sure to stick the detectors in all the suspicious places. "They can't do this, it's illegal!" I complained with my cousin.

"I'm afraid for you that it's perfectly legal, Mark. It's in the general regulations printed on the back of the ticket. See?" She pointed me the passage where it was said that "the park reserves the right to arrange special protective measures on all persons below 18 years old that may require them" after that, was a long list of such "protective measures" and, sure, protection from incontinence was among those.

My cousin seemed to enjoy my uneasiness. "So, now I begin to understand why the laundry heap always smells of pee when you are visiting us," she commented smirking.

From her clear enjoyment of the situation, I was starting to get paranoid and getting to the conclusion that the visit to the amusement park was just an elaborate plan of hers to unleash the Pampers Police on me. Then, suddenly, it was her turn to be checked. She climbed on the low cube where you had to stand for the control and, when the scanner was passed close to her panties, it beeped loudly. Deeply embarrassed, she blushed furiously: it was one of those times you dream to have a camera at hand.

"...Eh?! But it's already taken care of! I'm wearing an... ahem... special pad for it!" she protested in a hissed whisper.

"Ah!" Nodded the lady at the checkpoint, smiling as if satisfied by the reply. "Well, our policy is to provide the standard protection to any kid who can have uncontrolled leakage. While in the park, you will have to use our products, just in case." The guard tied a plastic yellow bracelet at her wrist and directed her to a door with a (small) pink symbol of female toilet and also a (large) Pampers logo on it.

I was so amused by the unexpected debacle suffered by my cousin that I did not notice the hostess who, after uselessly gesturing me to come forward, decided to close the distance between us by herself.