One

Before reading the story, please read this first:

•This book has no set gender. That means anyone, boy or girl, whatever gender you want to be, can read this story.

•The events that happened in this story are fiction.

•The chapters are meant to be short

•Be happy after reading the story :))

_____

Everyone has a red string. A small piece of string tightly wrapped around your finger, invisible to everyone but to you and your soulmate. It lets you know who you are destined to meet in the future, and that said person is your destined soulmate.

But why didn't you have one?

Ever since you were little, you heard kids on the playground talking about their red string. You brushed it all off as a make believe game - a game everyone had created to bring hope in people. This went on and on until your dad asked you about your string.

"It's a silly little game the other children play." Little you had explained. "How do you know about the game?"

And that was the day you had found out the truth. You didn't have a string. You were going to be all alone.

You were really torn up about it. You cried for weeks.

"It's gonna be alright, Y/n." Your dad comforted you. "I don't have anyone either ever since your mother left this world."

As you grew older, you saw the people around you meet their soulmates and became happy, you envied your classmates as they happily talk about their perfect match. Yet at the same time, you didn't care, you didn't need anyone but yourself.

Soon enough, your friends realised that you didn't have a red string, you didn't have a soulmate. As the years passed by, more of your friends left you. You were a freak. They didn't want to be associated with someone who doesn't have a soulmate.

They bullied you, telling you that you were unlovable that's why you didn't have  a soulmate. And at one point, the bullying got out of hand that they had almost killed you. Your father found out about the incident and he decided you were going to be homeschooled.

-----

It was summer, and you were alone. Everyone in your town knew that you had no string. It was a small town so news had spread fast.

You were lonely, you had no friends to hang out with but you didn't care. Having no friends meant no noise, just quietness. And you liked the quiet.

Today, you decided to go to a particular spot you always go to whenever you had nothing to do. It was a cool little area, down a weathered path, and just through some trees. In your opinion, it held the best view of the ocean.

As you walked through the mini forest, you saw a brunette girl sitting on your spot.

You stopped walking so you could see what she was doing. She was reading some kind of book. It seemed like she was so immersed into the book that she didn't even notice you walking towards her.

"How did you find this spot?" You asked suddenly, making the girl abruptly close her book as she looked at you with wide eyes.

"It's rude to sneak up on people, you know." The brunette spoke as she placed her hand on her heart. "You nearly gave me a heart attack."

You scoffed. "It's also rude to invade someone's personal space."

The girl quirked a brow, "Personal?"

"Yeah." You said, pointing to a tree with your name etched across it.

"Y/n?" The girl reads your name. "Well Y/n... I guess you have to share this spot with me now." The girl states before opening her book again and continues reading, completely ignoring your existence.

You bit your tongue to stop yourself from saying any swear words and grumbled.