002

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"Girl why are you crying?" I laughed as I pulled into my parents driveway.

"Because you're actually leaving." Michelle sniffled and wiped her eyes.

"Girl stand up" I mimicked that one girl from TikTok.

"See I try to be nice one time" Michelle laughs "This finna be the longest summer of my life"

"I'll be home before you even realize I'm gone girl" We both hopped out of the car and headed up to the front door.

My parents were having a going away dinner for me since I leave in a few hours. The company is having a brunch tomorrow for all the new interns.

I used my key to unlock the front door and we walked inside. As usual they had some old rap music blasting in the kitchen. Wanksta by 50 Cent was playing.

My mom was sitting at the counter with a wine glass with tears in her eyes, "Now why are you crying?"

"Because you're leaving me"

"Oh brotherrrrr" I threw up my hands, "Y'all need to tighten up round here" I shook my head. I'm only leaving for like three months but you could swear everyone's acting like I'm packing up and moving to New York forever.

"Ya know you don't have to go right? Just stay here you don't need the job. I'll pay your bills."

"Whew the dramatics" I laughed and walked over to the cabinet to grab myself a wine glass. "Where's everybody else?"

"Sean and Cobi are upstairs with King on the game. Lyric is in her room doing homework and your dad ran to the store to get something to drink"

I poured a little white wine into my glass and sat down beside my mom.

"Are things okay with you and Quincy?" My mom asked.

I nod my head "Yeah why wouldn't it be?"

"No reason I'm just making sure you're still comfortable with living with him for the summer that's all. It's just a few months but it's still a major jump for y'all relationship"

"I get it, we're good though. He's a busy guy, I'm working. We're not just gonna be sitting up in each other's faces all day"

"If you ever need a hotel room or something don't be afraid to tell me. I won't ask no questions I'll just book it"