4

The Park matriarch was home for the weekend and so any and all plans made by the twins were out on hold in order enjoy the family time. Currently, Jesse and her mom were at the mall shopping for clothes.

Fashion was something that Jesse really enjoyed and had always been good at. Colors, designs, shoes, purses... Even as a kid the girl refused to wear anything that didn't 'fit'.

"So are you excited for school?" Mrs. Park asked her daughter while they tried on their clothes. "Nervous?"

"A little." Jesse admitted. "It's difficult to understand people when they speak to fast or are behind me."

Her mom hummed. "You sure you want to go to West Valley? It's no problem for us to send you back to the boarding school."

Jesse thought about it. It's be much easier to deal with her IEP and learning difficulties where everyone was like her. "I want to try."

"Then we will support your decision. Now, come out here and let me see that blue dress."

The rest of their time was spent laughing and enjoying each others company, telling stories and jokes. After a few stores and bags on their arms Mama Park and Jesse went to the food court.

"I'm going to the bathroom, watch the bags."

And so Jesse stayed seated at the table and waited patiently for her mom. Immediately the teen buried her head into her phone and pulled up her manga app.

The past few days Jesse had been kicking herself over forgetting to ask her friend for his name, but there was this nagging feeling every time she thought about him. She could have sworn she'd met him before.

With a heavy sigh, Jesse looked around the room with a small hope that maybe she'd find the teen sitting at their table with a new comic in hand.

"What's with the sigh?"

Jesse jumped at her mom's sudden entrance and smiled sheepishly. "Nothing. Just missing my friends."

"Don't worry, Jesse. You will be fine. Just be the strong, intelligent, beautiful girl you are and you'll do great things."

A small grin found its way onto the teens face her mood lifted by the kind words from her mother. She really enjoyed this time together and not even the knowledge that the woman would be leaving Monday morning would ruin her good mood.

The two girls finished their food and headed home where Kyler was waiting. Immediately the boy rolled his eyes at the amount of bags in their arms.

"Don't you act like you don't spend the same amount on your weird suits and sneakers." Jesse interrupted with a hand up. "You do not get to talk."

"I'm just sayin' you and mom-" Kyler looked nervously at his mom when he realized she had stepped back into the room with an eyebrow raised. "-are very beautiful."

The two chuckled at the he male's backtrack. If there was one thing the boy was afraid of it was his mom.

"Alright, you two. Go get cleaned up for dinner. I'm making Dakgangjeong." And the twins both lit up with excitement at the idea of their mom's cooking. "Off, off. No killing each other!"

"No promises!" They both hollered back as they headed to their rooms. The twins looked at each other and snorted at their in sync exclamation.

After changing into more comfortable clothes, Jesse invaded Kyler's room and sat on his beanbag chair. "So."

Kyler snorted while texting his friend. "So."

And that was it. The twins chose to stay quiet and enjoy each other's company. Jesse pulled out her phone to read her manga and Kyler checked Instagram until their mother called them for dinner.

The family meal went well and the three Park's enjoyed each other's company.

"What do you think about going to visit your father for a week in July?" Both twins were quiet at the mention of their father. If she noticed, their mom didn't mention it. "He would like to see both of you. There's a banquet for the executives and their families. He will be flying us up there so be prepared."

And for the rest of dinner it was quiet. Their dad was a stern man expecting greatness from the both of them. Even though Kyler wasn't into academia, the boy always had to make sure his grades were good enough to get through his dad's inspection.

Jesse on the other hand was always inspected heavily on her actions and graded. The girl was expected to both get rich and marry rich, and the stress was heavy on both of them.

Thankfully, their mother balanced out their father's constant drive to do be the best. Especially after Jesse lost her hearing.

After dinner, the twins put the dishes away and went back to Kyler's room. Neither of the teen's wanted to be alone after that and it was automatic as Jesse sat in the chair and Kyler flopped on his bed.

Small sentences and funny memes were shared between the two, but other than that they didn't talk about the small amount of anxious building in their chest about having to go see their dad in July.

"Wear blue." Jesse commented. "I'm wearing it too."

Kyler nodded. "Like that suit I wore to mom's company dinner?"

Jesse hummed in confirmation and left it at that. She didn't have to ask as she climbed in next to her brother after taking her externals off. She paid attention to the slight movements of her brother and fell asleep after her twin because the truth was they both needed each other.

•❅──────✧❅✦❅✧──────❅•