seventeen

"Mr.Bang..." Dr.Ian started, frowning sadly and Chan rose to his feet, heart hammering in his chest. "W-what? Why t-that l-look?" The blue eyed doctor sighed.

"Mr.Bang, I specifically told your husband to not undergo any major stress during his pregnancy as it is very high risk. Your husband is fine right now, he had to go through a mandatory C-Section and is sleeping now, but the twins. One of your kids didn't get enough blood pumped from and to his heart due to a blocked vein. He's fine right now, but there might be more complications as he grows older, so we need to watch out for that too. As for the other twin, despite being premature, she's healthy and both of them are resting in the NICU. Mr.Yang is in room 321, as well." Dr.Ian tucked the clipboard under his arm.

"Do you have a name for them?" Chan looked up and he chewed on the inside of his cheek. Names? He thought back to what he and Jeongin picked a couple months prior. It wasn't that hard since the ravenette had an entire list ready. "U-uh, y-yeah. Uhm..Suho and Hani." They didn't know the gender yet but those were their top options for name.

Dr.Ian grinned and scribbled it down. "Thank you, those are beautiful names. You're going to make an awesome father." With a final pat to Chan's shoulder, Dr.Ian walked away.

He left Chan just standing there letting the information sink in while Changbin closed his eyes, rubbing his face. The blonde turned to Minji and he felt this anger in him. Chan clenched his jaw and marched to the woman but before she could reach her, Hyunjin came from behind and grabbed the olders shoulder.

"Let me go." Changbin joined and the two tried to stop their best friend from murdering his mother-in-law no matter how much she deserved it.

"God it's all your fucking fault! Why did you have to show up and ruin everything?! Things were going fine before you arrived, it was perfect, but everything goes wrong the second you walked in! Are you so fucking heartless that you can't allow your son the one thing that makes him happy?! Is cause he's gay and didn't match up to your expectations?! What the fuck is wrong with you?! I almost lost the only things that matter to me tonight and it's all because of your selfish decisions! How can you even call yourself a mother after everything you did?! You're a fucking disgrace to the title!"

Changbin and Hyunjin managed to push Chan back, the blonde now sobbing, starting to pace again. "Chan, why don't you go take a breather, we'll call you when Jeongin wakes up." The blonde cried, fingers getting tangled in his hair and he looked up at Hyunjin.

The ravenette gave him a kind, reassuring smile. "You're only going to hurt yourself if you stay here, Hyunjin's right, you could use some fresh air." Seungmin chimed in, Jaemin soundly sleeping in his arms even after all of the yelling.

Chan rubbed his face and walked past the group, purposefully bumping shoulders with Minji on his way to the exit. "Ma'am, I don't think it's a good idea for you to stay either." Minji nodded and looked down at her shoes. "I know." And she left but went to a different direction than Chan.

Hyunjin grabbed his son from Seungmin and sighed sadly. "I can't imagine what he feels right now." Felix hummed and Changbin held him closer to his chest. "I really hope he doesn't murder anyone. Although if he does, I hope he hides the body well." Light laughter came from them but that was easily replaced with a frown.

Chan's hair was being messed up due the wind, flying everywhere but he didn't care. Dried tears stained his face and the blonde plopped down in front of the hospital. The Australian kangaroo brought his knees up to his chest and rested his chin on his knees.

A small kid say next to him but Chan was too deep in thought that he didn't realize and continued staring ahead. "Hi, sir." It was then that he heard her voice and he blinked looking down at her. "Hey." He tried smiling but failed. "Why are you here sir?" She asked gently pushing up her glasses.

The kid looked no older than six years old and wore hospital clothes. "My kids wanted out." The blonde laughed and the little girl smiled, green eyes shining in the sun. "What about you?" She held up the white bracelet. "The doctor said I have cancer."

"Oh." Chan put down his feet and the girl shrugged. "I have to stay because it's dangerous." Her little pout and pigtails made the blonde smile for the first time. "It's okay, you're tough, kid."
"That's what mom says."

A woman in her late 20's came up to them looking g stressed as fuck with her messy bun. "Sweetie I told you not to wonder off." Chan watched her hold out her hand. "I'm sorry mommy. Bye, guy." She waved her tiny hand and sprinted back to the lady who came to pick up her daughter.

Chan smiled and his eyes lingered on a small flower garden the hospital had for their patients that passed away. His phone rang and the short person answered it getting up. "Hey, he's awake."
"I'll be there in 2 seconds."

And he wasn't lying. Shoving his phone in his pocket, Chan began running through the front garden and into the building, sprinting up the stairs and busting through the door. He grinned happily seeing his love awake and searching the room.

"Chan." The mentioned male ran up to him and crouched down in front of the younger. "Are you okay?" He nodded and helped Jeongin sit up, careful with the ravenette's body. "I'm fine." His voice shook and the sad drops hung on his lower lash line.

"What about the babies?" Chan wiped the line tear that fell. "Are they fine?" He nodded and Jeongin held onto Chan's shirt. "I'm so sorry." The blonde shook his head and cupped Jeongin's face, the younger beginning to cry. "No no don't be sorry, love. It wasn't your fault."

Jeongin shook his head in protest and cried harder, Chan pulling him close. Jeongin's cheeks hit the olders chest and the blonde rubbed his back trying not to hurt his lover. "I-I was s-supposed to protect t-them and I f-failed a-again."
"You didn't fail anything Jeongin, they're both okay and breathing and in the NICU. We can go visit once you get better." Chan ran his thumbs over Jeongin's wet cheeks trying to get them dry while the ravenette leaned into the touch.

"We can go see them?" Chan nodded and he kissed his husbands forehead. "Yeah, love, we can. But you have to get better soon you just got out of surgery." Jeongin nodded and looked down at his fidgeting fingers in his lap.

"I'm so sorry I let you down." His husband smiled softly and grabbed his chin, lifting up his face. Chan caressed Jeongin's face. "You could never let me down, Jeonginnie."

🍄

a/n: was going to do so much worse but i decided not to be an asshole, also felix got bigger hands than me now 😮