Belief

Cyborg and the Flash manages to retrieve Batman's body, then teleport to the watchtower. There, the Justice League tries figuring out what their next move should be against Wonder Woman. As Batman tells the Justice League information he's gained by being on the field with Wonder Woman, he notices Superman doesn't say a word. He questions Clark as to why. The whole Justice League turns towards Superman. He just says that he thinks he's evaluating the Justice League's position on the matter. Batman is confused and frustrated. He tells Clark to get his act together but Clark rebuttals that maybe Batman should get his act together. Bruce stands down and Superman leaves the room. As Flash and Cyborg leave with Superman, Martian Manhunter, Green Lantern, and Batman stay to plan.

Cyborg and Flash follow Clark to the streets of Metropolis, the same streets that the Lassos of Justice now control. Clark, Victor, and the Barry Allen, all dressed in black clothing, walk through the streets of what Lassos are calling, *
"New Themyscira." Superman expresses to them throughout his entire career as Superman, he never felt qualified to truly choose what's right and wrong in the world. He felt like that since he was from America, he must bring America's example to the rest of the world, to not piss off his homeland. Clark tells them that he's starting to believe that's all bullshit. He talks about the Justice League, and how the team has been around for 5 years and they have brought no real permanent change to the world. That the poverty level is going lower, racism is running amok, and misogyny has been at its worst now than ever. Clark expresses to Cyborg and the Flash that he can't just standby on the sidelines anymore as the world falls apart. The Flash asks Clark what he's going to do. He doesn't respond just yet, he just looks off into the night sky.

Batman, Martian Manhunter, and Green Lantern are in a meeting with the president, discussing the probability of World War 3 with the Amazons. They manage to get the president to contact all of his friendly nations to prepare for war.

Superman, Cyborg, and The Flash go to a new Thymascarian base to warn them of an incoming attack. Superman pleads to speak with Diana but she isn't in Metropolis at the moment. They tell Superman that they'll only listen to his information if they comply with them. Superman agrees, then they lock them in a room. Cyborg, The Flash, and Superman are all in handcuffs. The Flash makes a joke about them putting Superman in handcuffs and he jokily says that he'll do whatever that makes them feel comfortable.

After some time, the commanding officer of the Metropolis district of the Lassos of Justice comes in to hear what they have to say. And what they have to say, could lead to a deviating event. The US government is planning to send troops to New Themyscira. And if they take back Metropolis, everything they've accomplished will fall apart. The commanding officer asks why they're telling them this information. Then Superman responds that he believes that they won't stand a chance without their help.

The sun begins to rise as a negotiator has come to speak with some sort of leader from New Themyscira. Hundreds of Lassos of Truth warriors wait at the border to protect their land. That's when the commanding officer comes to speak to the negotiator. But this negotiator has no plans for true negotiation. He tells her, that the only thing they're looking for is to peacefully gain Metropolis back, and in turn, the thousands of New Themyscira's residents won't be thrown in prison. The commanding officer looks to her people. Thinking about how despite them being granted freedom, they will never be free. So she denies his request.

Superman questions her about what her plans are. She tells him that she will not be sending all of her troops left to die. And in that, they'll get them to underestimate them. Only when all hope is lost, the Justice League, Superman, Flash, and Cyborg, will take part in this battle.

A US military commander shouts out to the army of New Thymascara that he's giving them one more chance to surrender. But in return, that commander ends up with an arrow in their heads. That is the signal fire that ignites the battle. New Themyscira's commander orders her army to ignite the bolder launcher, which will aid them by wiping out the opposing force's tanks. And that they do. With their tanks weakened, that leaves an opening for New Thymascara's army to take charge.

As Superman sees New Thymascara's forces defeat the US army without his help, he feels the passion coming from these warriors. He sees each and every soldier, fighting for what they believe because they know it's the right thing to do. Superman is inspired by their strong stance to fight what's right. Now he fully understands, to make the world a better place, you have to fight for it.