The War Council

"Rian?" Gurjin called. "Rian?"

The drenchen gelfling looked around him atop his landstrider at the thick forest. Had he already been to this place?

"No wonder they call it the Endless Forest," he remarked. "Hyah!"

The land-strider was spurred through an area that looked different. The beast had a difficult time making its way through the trees and vines, but it did its best. And Gurjin held on as tight as he could, ducking and weaving around as branches came at his face. They galloped through the underbrush for a few minutes before the gelfling pulled the strider to a halt. He looked around him and dismounted.

"Rian!" he called into the forest as loud as he could. "'He'll be in his usual place,' they said. 'Just look there.' Yeah well he doesn't exactly stay in one place when he goes off on his own. Rian!!!"

The drenchen looked around and started spinning in his place. It was becoming increasingly obvious to the point he could no longer deny it. He was lost.

"Oh no," he said to no one in particular. He had traveled off the road, and as such lost his way. It all looked the same. He could navigate the Swamp of Sog no problem, but the Endless Forests was a completely different landscape. The few times he had traveled them, he had had Rian as a guide, or his sister, who was the better tracker, to lead the way. But now he was alone, and on his own. The sensation of being lost in the woods weighed down on him and he began panicking. He heard a twig and spun to face the noise, drawing his sword and stopping it just short of Rian's neck.

"Oh for the sake of Thra," the drenchen gasped. "Don't sneak up on me like that."

Rian just stood there, not really reacting to the blade so close to his throat. He reached up calmly and lowered it away from himself.

"I don't mean to Gurjin," Rian apologized. "But I just assumed you would be looking for me."

"Aye," the drenchen said. "I was. But it appears I've gotten lost."

Rian flicked his eyes in a confusing look to the drenchen's left. Gurjin turned to see the path not a foot from where they stood.

"Look I was panicking," he said in defense.

"I could see that," Rian smirked.

"What? And you still snuck up on me?"

Rian just chuckled to himself.

"You make it too easy," the Stonewood warrior said.

"Yeah, well, gotta give you the ability to practice your sneaking abilities," Gurjin made up on the spot. "Never know if you'll come across a skekSis in the woods."

"I highly doubt that Gurjin," Rian smirked, climbing up onto the landstrider. "Come on."

He helped Gurjin up onto the land-strider and spurred the creature to start walking along the path, towards the base of operations for the rebellion.

"So," Rian started. "Why were you out looking for me?"

"The Maudra's need to see you," Gurjin said. "The general is needed for war strategy and battle planning."

"I suppose so," Rian answered.

"Plus it's about time to elect a new Maudra for Stonewood," Gurjin continued. "They would very much like your input."

Gurjin spurred the landstrider forward a bit faster, much to Rian's chagrin.

"So," Gurjin asked. "How far did you get this time?"

"I'm nearly done with this small section of grid," Rian answered. "After that, I'll have to go further beyond."

"She's not going to stand around in one place for you to find her Rian," the drenchen offered, as nicely as possible. "I'm sorry, but she's gone."