Chapter five

Liam ends up staying for dinner that night and they sit together with Patrick and Kat like one big happy family. Louis feels like he has won some sort of lottery lately. A while ago, he only had Zayn who really made him happy, but now... He has his adoptive parents, Liam, perhaps Niall, Harry... It's a lot to take in honestly.

After dinner, Louis and Liam go out in the garden to play footie again, even though they already had training, but they were just feeling like it. Patrick also comes to join and they have a lovely evening together.

The next day, Louis is having quite a boring normal school day. He goes to his classes and is finally paying attention again, the football training having released some of the tension that had formed with Harry.

It becomes a less dull day, however, when they have drama class. Louis always loved musicals and singing, and therefore he preferred drama over art classes. Kat and Patrick didn't really blink when he told them about this, probably assuming that Louis just really hated art, but he just really loves drama.

Liam, sadly, has chosen art, so they both part with a dramatic goodbye. It probably looked ridiculous to all the people around them because they were laughing the whole time they were doing it. They didn't care though.

So now Louis is walking towards drama class, wondering which people are in his class. His question is answered, though, when he suddenly sees a familiar mop of curls in the distance.

His steps slow in pace and he keeps staring at the back of Harry's head, almost seeming enchanted by the sight.

His eyes snap towards the stage when he suddenly hears someone speaking in a microphone, probably the drama teacher. He quickly takes a seat, scared to be scolded for being tardy like he usually is.

He watches with focused eyes as the teacher tells them what they're going to do this period. The rest of the class obviously had lessons before, but Louis hadn't. He's glad that he seemed to start the course at a good time, not having to adapt while the preparations for the play were already in motion.

"We're going to do the play of Romeo and Juliet", the teacher starts introducing their new topic, her eyes trailing through the audience who were sitting in the small school theatre. "Because this joints perfectly with your English classes about William Shakespeare. You'll have a nice advantage over the rest of the pupils in your English class who don't have drama." She laughs almost evilly, probably enjoying the fact that the students who didn't choose drama had a snag.

Louis looks around the audience to catch the others' reactions, but they all kept staring at the stage like robots.

"Now," the teacher claps her hand, the sound making Louis' eyes snap toward the stage again. "I know that some of you might think that the play Romeo and Juliet is boring, but I'm all up for the suggestions to make it less boring and maybe up to date. I'm sure that you'll all come up with some great ideas."

She grabs something that's laying on the floor at the front of the stage and as she stands up again, Louis can see what it is. It seems like she has some sort of small book in her hand which Louis guesses is the script.

He knows he's right when the teacher, whose name is Miss Adams, says, "you can all come and get your script. I'll give you ten minutes to look at which role you want to play and then I want to end the lesson by you telling me who you want to audition for or with what you want to help in the production."

All the students stand up to get their script and Louis follows the mass toward the stage, slowly shuffling his feet to move along.

When he passes Harry, he gives him a small smile, which luckily is returned. The tension in the air is however thick and Louis quickly looks away to avoid some of it.