𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐡 𝐋𝐞𝐟𝐭 𝐏𝐞𝐫𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐱𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐬 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐬 𝐅𝐥𝐲 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐋𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐎𝐮𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐫

Youth Left Perplexed as Sparks Fly Between the Male Lead and the Outsider

"She's sooo pretty," Dohwa smiled goofily at his phone, rolling across the length of the wall.

Whenever he was apart from Gyeoul in the past few days, he had spent most of his time staring at their pictures. It was like a newfound hobby. Dohwa would feel her face fading from his mind and he'd whip out his cell phone and fawn over her, repeating the process till someone in his vicinity grew sick of him.

He pressed the phone to his chest, waiting for the shape of Gyeoul's eyes to vanish from his memory, and hurriedly peered back at his lockscreen. "She's soo pretty," he sighed again, pressing himself flat against the wall of the school's empty hallway. "Ah, we look so good together," Dohwa closed his eyes and continued to coo over the photos, "I can't believe it. My Gyeoul is sooo..."

Kyung was staring at him from the end of the corridor, absolutely not thrilled upon finding Dohwa embracing the wall with one leg raised backwards while whispering his sister's name. Dohwa froze, pushing himself off the wall as he cleared his throat and regained his bearings.

"O—oh, Baek Kyung," he waved awkwardly, resisting the urge to bury himself at the dead look in his friend's eyes, "I didn't...I thought...don't you have class?"

Mouth curling in disapproval, Kyung said, "Shouldn't I be asking you that?"

"I was going to say no but something tells me you're using the word 'class' in a different context."

He strode forward and Dohwa readied himself to have his collar grabbed and threats spat at his face. Instead, Kyung swiped his phone out of his grips and began to scroll through it.

"Hey—hey!" He turned away, holding the phone out of reach when Dohwa tried to take it back, "That's private! How do you know my password anyway?"

"You haven't changed it since middle school," Kyung shot back, scrolling through his photos. He paused at the ones taken in front of the carousel, though the ride was barely visible in the background, "What is this?"

"So you know when I was looking for her before? Like...before before?" Somehow, it felt weird to bring up the fact that he was dating Gyeoul in front of Kyung. Dohwa was pretty sure Kyung wouldn't have made him feel so frightened if he was dating Joonhyun instead. "I couldn't remember her. I mean, I still can't but there was no way to prove that she existed without my instinct, you know?"

Kyung raised his head, pointing his chin haughtily at Dohwa, "Oh?"

He hurriedly waved his hands, "Except for you, of course. You're the only one who knew she was here. But look," he showed him a series of photographs he had taken, overwhelmingly happy with what he and Gyeoul had discovered, "She had never appeared on cameras—CCTV or otherwise. But wewereonadateyesterday—" Dohwa squeaked out the last part quickly, "and found out that she's only visible in photographs if I'm there."

It was only for a fraction of a second but Dohwa was sure that he had seen a shadow of happiness on Kyung's face. It was, however, gone in a blink of an eye. "What does this mean?" Kyung asked, eyebrows cinching slightly, "Can she be remembered? Are others going to see her?"

"I don't know," Dohwa replied with a shake of his head, "I haven't shown anybody these pictures but...I still forget what she looks like when I don't see her so..."

Kyung returned his phone to him quietly. He seemed...tamer than what Dohwa was used to. It had been quite some time since he had seen Kyung with Danoh or Haru. It seemed as if he was going out of his way to avoid them, interacting with them only due to a Stage.